Thorvald Two Stones being stubborn

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jazzkit, Jun 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

I spoke to Thorvald Two Stones on the Isle of Despair and he wouldn't join because I forgot I wasn't yet level 22.

I wandered round the island doing every thing else and now I am level 22. I've gone back to him but the conversation doesn't allow me to ask him to join.

I've got a spare slot, 100% persuasion (expert), charisma 19 and I can "charm" him to absolutely love me (with my magic).

Have I missed out on getting him as a follower?

2. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

you still should be able to get the dialog 'are you a dwarf or a gnome' unless he helped you in some way before, did you get his glasses? whats your intelligence? It could play into this.

It may be built in that the FIRST time you talk to him, you have to be lvl 22/23. Did you help the girl back to the camp or is she in the party now?

I know she won't join you if he is in party, he has to wait first then rejoin.

I hope you have a save game before going to the isle!

Parmanian

3. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

I'm a human and he is very friendly to me. I didn't get the glasses off him cos I answered all the responses with the intent of getting him to come with me. He eventually seemed to get uppity and said something about me not being experienced enough to convince him.

My intelligence is 9. I have two points to spend so I'll try that now.

I have already taken the girl to the womens camp. I didn't want to keep her, she seems useless.

Its not about follower space as I have a whole spare slot as well as the fact he is a free follower (after the waiting thing).

The only save I have that was BEFORE I spoke to TTS was back at level 11. :roll: Don't make me go back there... please

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

now is a good time to learn to save often and with different file names.

Parmanian

5. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

:lol: :) Yeeess, I know you're right and you've told me before. I do have lots of saves with different names but for some MYSTERIOUS reason I saved over them all at different times after talking to TTS!

So someones gotta help me here! :D

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

before boarding the ship to the ISLE is always a good place to save just because you can't go back there.

send me those files and I'll try and fix it

parmanian

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Parmanian is right, the dialog option should come up even if you have talked to him before. Certan lines shut it off by bringing the conservation to a resoloution, such as getting him to give you the glasses, or agreeing to tell his story to the Wheel Clan. If you took none of those once he told you you were too small, you should have the option. Hmmmm... must test.

8. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I believe thats what happened, accepting to tell the wheel clan quest. When I ran the game the only option was 'how did you get here'

Parmanian

9. Rogue17

Rogue17 New Member

When I ask TTS to join my party he gives some excuse of how his men would kill him if he joined my party, then nothing more is said about joining. My level is 31 and I believe my charisma is at least a 10. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

10. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

The reluctant dwarf

IIRC you need 2-3 levels of persuasion as well.

11. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I believe that the persuation gains you the dialog "are you a dwarf or a gnome" in whicn case if your correct level he joins.

You'll find out in this game that persuation CAN play a big role at least expert with the 3 points. I always achieve master because of later dialogs in the game.

Parmanian

Our Host!