Where the hell is Virgil???

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by twitchy6181, Jun 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

Does anyone know what happens to Virgil after he leaves the party? Does he really travel to Caladon, and if so, where the hell is he? I have never been able to find him.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Virgil never really lies to you in the game. He'll fudge a bit, but it's always true. Yes, he's in Caladon.

Did he leave you once before, in the graveyard in Caladon? There should be an entry in the Rumors & Notes section of your logbook mentioning this incident and suggesting that you look into it further next time you're at the Hall of Records in Tarant. There you will find a Big Flaming Clue as to Virgil's whereabouts.

There's also a, um, heh, bug which involves Virgil getting stuck in the trees outside Tsen Ang after he leaves you. I think the only option there is to reload.

3. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

Well thank you for taking the time to give me some advice, I've not been able to find his punk-ass in Caladon though. I guess he must have got stuck to the trees.

4. Canis

Canis New Member

I take it you did not check at the Hall of Records in Tarant?

Oh, fine. Did you look...

(spoiler)
    ...in the basement of the Sobbing Onion?

5. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

Also, be sure to check it twice. He's never there for me the first time, but then I go out and come back in, and ZAP! There he is.

6. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

I have tried all you have suggested, but no Virgil :cry: And of course, i don't have a save game in T'sen Ang. Oh well, guess I'll have to remember to save next time!

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

So what do you see when you get in the basement of the sobbing onion? did you check all the chests to find a scroll of resurrect?

Are you in the right place by chance? The area where the thieving fence is located, there is a trap door in the corner.

Parmanian

8. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

Yes Parmanian, I went to the right place. The scroll was in the barrel, but no Virgil. But I have already started a new game and have found Virgil this time! Oh Joy!!! :D Don't you just love Virgil's new and improved attitude?!? :)

9. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

but hes' still the same ole virgil !!

Parmanian

10. Canis

Canis New Member

Actually, while I'm glad that Virgil's no longer constantly tormented, I'm a bit disturbed that he doesn't seem overly concerned about his many victims. How would they feel, knowing the man who, for instance, killed their son or stole their valuable and sacred relic has now found PEACE????? I'd be just a little irritated myself.

11. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

HAHAHA!!!! Yeah, me too Canis. Virgil is kind of creepy I think, I have always thought that he was.

12. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

He still gets mad at Nasrudin thats for sure. hes ready to put him down for good.....hehehehe

Parmanian

13. woolviegirl

woolviegirl New Member

yep virgil is one creepy s.o.b - every time he leaves me in the game i ask the same question where the hell did mr creepy run off to now- perhaps he runs off to perform bizzare demonic rituals that we never need to speak of :-o

Our Host!