5 Questions (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by darkbaz, Sep 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. darkbaz

darkbaz New Member

Having finished the game 3 times, I am now at the nitpicking stage. Thus I have scoured the forums etc to see what I missed, and have reached some frustrations. Please help me out.

1) Even when I was "good", Virgil never left, thus I never got the chance to learn his backstory. Any idea why he didn't go away?

2) Stringy Pete. I have read a lot about this, and have no idea how to trigger/find this quest. Pls help.

3) Bedokken (sp) same as Pete.

4) The Iron Clan. I have been to the Place of Lost Voices and purchased the book of Turin's Truth, but I have no idea how to get in to the Iron Clan. Having read that Magnus is from the Iron Clan, I even kept the annoying little gimp with me only to not be able to get in!

5) How do you get King Loghaire to join you? I have talked to him twice as an expert in persuassion - what do I have to say to him to get him to return?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

3. Aidan

Aidan New Member

Read the book of Durins truth then a new map location will show up to the far norht of Caladon.

if you've persuded Loghaire that his exile is against his stone and shape he will return to his kingship.
    When you've found out about where the Black moutain clan are he will join you.After dark elves

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aidan on 2001-09-10 21:44 ]</font>

4. Boelta

Boelta New Member

1.) virgil left me after i killed min gorad and exited the dark elf city.

2.) Teach tells you about stringy pete when he loses his ship, in a pub in blackroot before you go to thanatos

3.) In the quinterra talk to the leader of the hunt, standing left of the city exit

4.) Im not sure but i think the safe in the zoology building in tarant has holds items in regards to the ironclan, and i think the glass item you get from hadrian after figuring out the mannox mystery, again, im not sure.

5.) you have to talk to the dwarf king's son and get him to tell you about the shape of the stone, thats all i know about that. and i think you have to be a dwarf character....

5. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

No, you don't have to be a dwarf, you just have to have a high enough intelligence to get his son to explain stone and shape to you before you go into the Dredge. If you get that dialog option and follow it, you can then use that knowledge to convince him to return. I did it with my original character, but my other character did not have a high enough intel, so I couldn't do it with that one.

6. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

5 questions... 1 Answer...

4) This one had me confused as well, the first time I played through. If you've found the entrance, and cannot get in, you need to complete the quest to find out about Mannox. You don't actually need to get the Mannox quest to finish it, as I didn't have it in my quest list before finding Mannox cave. When I returned to talk to the archeologist in the temple he actually responded with a new dialog choice (before, he would not respond after finishing the other quests for the temple) and unlocked the cases behind him. The glass object in the first case is the key to the entrance to the Iron Clan. Be careul when you enter there as there are several Automaton's to deal with.

Our Host!