Odd elven mess

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lateralus, Jun 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Hey, i just started playing a female elven magician (Nietz. poster child) and i'd like to get some tips on how to distribute the character points.
    Master Divination/Mental/Phantasm/Black Necromancer
    No combat skills
    Expert herborist
    The problem is that i can fight hard opponets but i get unconscious easily
    How do i avoid that?

2. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

Obviously you can raise your fatigue by putting points in CN and WP. Melee combat can also drain your fatigue, either by being hit or by attacking (I think this is based on combat skill/stats/weapon type?).

Maintaining expensive spells can also make your fatigue drop fast, if your heal rate is low that is...

Regarding spells, Divination (and Phantasm unless you plan on playing a mage thief) seems to be a waste of CP.

If you use direct damage spells like Harm it is best to have a high MA (increases damage which means less casting/fatigue) and therefore I wouldn't put points Herbology. Generally I wouldn't choose any tech skills if playing a mage...

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Buy a mage staff, 50 renewalable mana points. Or find an Arcane Staff or Mystic Staff, 80 & 60 renewalable mana points. Or use blue potions.

The Ring of Virility gives +2 CN. An Elf in Qintarra wears an amulett that gives +4 CN.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Thanks

I'm new to this hole Arcanum world. I don't really know how it works. I have a staff that gives me shield of protection but i can't control it, it just turns up. How can I control staffs? :)

5. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

It's probably a Hexed Staff - I think they're cursed or at least uncontrolable... that's why the SoP turns up randomly...

And just take your time and explore the world of Arcanum - it's worth the effort!

6. Bazooca4

Bazooca4 New Member

Hey

Hey I have the exact same hexed staff. Yea that shield of protection is pretty tricky. I have decided to get lots of money and buy virgil a better staff. :lol: He is still wearing that one. O About the shielf of protection, watch out because if it accidently casts on enemy units you are screwed. I got one casted on a rock golem in the wheel clan deghrede or something like that. Personally I say just stay away from hexed stuff because they are usually really bad for you in some sort of way.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

But some of the "hexed" stuff is good. And some of it is useful anyway. There is even a combo or two out there. Have fun.

8. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I had sogg use that lightning axe and he killed half my people with that random lightning strike! threw it in a trash can maybe the thieves will get it. hehehehe

Parmanian

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

In a few games, desprate for magic weapons to hit magical critters with, I have handed that one to Magnus or Janya. Things get all sparkly, but not much damage.

10. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

so even though there TA is high, it still acts as magical but the properties are lessened because of that?

Parmanian

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It has to do with that magic power available number. At 0 MPA, a techie gets no boost from the magic item, just the raw base numbers. But the curse does not do much damage either. With Janya & the AoDL, I think she had 10 - 12% MPA, so we all took a few hits, not much.

The problem with tech weapons & magic criters. They don't much interact. The weapons miss a lot. Magic weapons, even in techie hands have no such problems. So maybe I only get two points extra damage from that (+20), but I can hit the darn things, unlike the wonderful Pyro Axe, which won't do its great damage untill it hits.

12. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

just think 900 more posts and I can have a flying disc also!

Parmanian

Thanks for being there shadygrove!

Our Host!