Canis vs King Natstar

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Parmanian, Jun 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

this is a thread for you guys to personally discuss your opinions and the rest of us will look in every once and awhile........

Just like a forum soap opera!

Now don't take this as a hit against either one of you, just a little place to blow off steam.

The only thing I can say is that I believe Canis has been playing much longer than the king BUT I believe also that the king is really trying to help out others, but he may be misinformed at present.

Take it for what its worth but have fun people!

Parmanian said that

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Ha, ha.

Honestly? I believe that Nat must be under ten years of age, and that I, as an adult, should stop arguing with him. It's unseemly. Poor li'l tyke can't even use the quote function to any effect, and his "help" consists of gravedigging on the Mod Reviews board just so he can say, "lol".

I should just put him in the Pitiable category and move on. Not that this post will help things any, but still. :D

*awaits the Vaulting of this thread*

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

talking about being an adult, well I'm a couple of days older than dirt!

I've never tried to play with the quote thing, I guess i never quote anyone!

About this post I guess its an honest way for nat to increase his post count without saying anything!

Parmanian

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I think Canis has to high of a post count, given the short amount of time she's(?) been here, that is. This thread is just giving her more of an opportunity to "post". Other than that, I guess she fits in well.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

I agree completely, Darkwalker. I said once before to Snowmane, and the same goes for a respected Old Timer like yourself, just say the word and I'll stop posting. No point annoying people and causing waves.

6. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

This started because he keeps on giving in Arcanum 2 suggestion forum bad input about race ideas.
    They are ideas for new races for Arcanum2 that people have said
    because they would like to see the race in Arcanum2.
    And the fact is that none of them will probly be in a second Arcanum anyway because they will still use the races they had in the orignal Arcanum so i really don't see why he is doing it.

You should stop acting like a child yourself Canis and watch what you say.
    Also this topic should be relocated to the “Vault of Folly” forum because it has nothing to do with Arcanum Hints & Tips forum.
    8)

7. Canis

Canis New Member

The only bad ideas there recently have been posted by you. You are given countless reasons by many different people as to why they are bad ideas, and yet you persist, to great comic effect.

The FACT is that there isn't GOING to be a second Arcanum. So why do YOU bother, hmm? The whole board exists for people to fantasize about what could have been.

Like what? You post erroneous information, people call you on it, and you whine. You gravedig and spam, people call you on it, and you whine. You come up with idiotic new playable species ideas, people call you on it, and you whine. See if you can spot the source of the problem here. (Hint: it's you, Nathan.)

8. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

But at least i give my ideas and unlike the other people you keep on doing it in race idea topics. you also don't give any suggestions to improve the race ideas or give a better idea for a new race.

Just because Sierra most likely won't make a second Arcanum it does not mean someone else won't so by still giving our ideas it helps them make a second Arcanum or a patch that allows more gameplay by adding more quests,items,locations,ect

I will give you an example you called me Ratster who is another users name not mine.
    Tell me when i gravedig and spammed!!!!!
    My race ideas were not idiotic..

9. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I have owned and played Arcanum for over two years i know what i am talking about when i help people out.

Canis i am sorry if i was Childish in any way lets just leave this behind us.

Also this topic should be relocated to the “Vault of Folly” forum because it has nothing to do with Arcanum Hints & Tips forum.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

And yet you've never run across Vollinger..... Your information is very often incorrect. It's a fact.

A mod will be around soon enough and put a stop to the bickering. Just enjoy the thread while it lasts and quit whining about where it should be in every post.

One, your ideas are crap. Two, I post in many topics, not just species idea threads. (But you're new. Guess you haven't noticed yet.) Three, why should I give ideas for new playable species if I think there shouldn't be any? Anyway, I've already given you a few suggestions. Dragons. Summoned Fire Elementals. Jedi.

Not gonna happen, sorry. Not even by overambitious teenage "mod crews" who still need people who can work WorldEd.

I TOLD YOU it was a mistake, dipwad. The fact that there actually is (or was) an actual Ratster would only add to the confusion, no?

Already did. For instance, in the Mod Reviews forum you dug up an old thread just to say "lol". And on the Arcanum 2 suggestion board, in the already-inane half-dragon thread, you posted, "I brought him back to life in void so i would watch out if i was you because he is going to get his revenge on you for killing him." And then, two minutes later, you posted again, "Look out". The list goes on. No wonder you're averaging more than 13 posts per day. At least put some effort into it.

11. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I have used Vollinger before in my first character (which was a half Ogre fighter) but forgot he was a Gnome I fought he was a Halfling instead. My characters after my first were all technology skilled characters and I always learned all the skills in Gun Smithing
    Because my teck characters all used Guns so there was no need for Vollinger because he’s main use is that he makes Guns. :razz:

Whatever I was just said it does not belong in this forum he should have posted in the General discussion forum because that’s pretty much about anything. :razz:

Fine good for you. It would better if you made a thread for each of those ideas so people could comment on them. :roll:

If they made a better version of the worldedit they could.
    :)

Yes I see your point :eek:

1. Mod Reviews forum post was not on the second page or even half way down the first page.
    2.In the half-dragon thread it posted the same message twice (double posted it not on purpose) So I edited the second post that was the same as the first and put a different message in it.
    I was trying to be funny you have to read the entire thread to understand. :D

There's no point to argue anymore about this stuff lets change the topic to something else now :)

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

:lol: Since when was Darkwalker an 'oldtimer'? Sure, he's a regular and a well-established member, but he hasn't been here quite a year yet. I don't think he'd appreciate being tarred with the 'oldtimer' brush quite yet. He's yet to lose a few marbles. :p

Also, if you've been in the hints and tips section then you'd realise that most of Canis' post count is produced through helping people with problems in Arcanum. He's got to be the most active, most accurate and one of the most productive tippers around. :)

Considering there aren't that many posts in there then it's not hard. Try reading the date of the last post next time. Here's a hint. If it hasn't got a new post icon next to the thread then don't post unless you really have to.

So... you're trying to subvert the topic now are you? :roll: Try not to go off-topic since it can easily annoy people. This thread is dedicated to you and Canis flaming each other (politely of course and in a sensible and logical manner if you can) so please do so. For our amusement of course. :p

13. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I couldn't agree with you more on the "oldtimer" thing Ferret, I hardly think I qualify for that lofty position. Secondly, if Canis would be kind enough to forward the pm I sent her, to you, I believe it would show I was just picking on her for the sake of the thread. She is a good hints n' tips gal and I'm glad to have her around.

14. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I will check the dates as well for now on ok. :)

I said that because i don't think this is going to last very much longer because i have not been here long enough for this to last that long anyway. :razz:

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

But it's fun. :) Provided everyone pulls their punches of course. I'm guessing it would be shut down if it got bloody. People get burned if the flames get too high.

16. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

Parmaian wrote:
    Mission accomplished... I guess congratulations are due, Parmanian. This vs. thread has lasted quite long, longer than I'd expected, but you're right though... it's fun :lol:

My only fear is that somewhere out there, behind the screen, somebody is crying his heart out :cry: Let's hope it dosn't get too grim in here...

17. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

18. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Oooh... cockcroaches are fascinating creatures. Did you know that it's really easy to radio control a cockcroach? You can actually buy a speially designed microchip now that emits electrical impulses in all the right places and in the right sequences to have full and proper motor control over the animal!

So, KN, what you are saying is that PU is actually the perfect spy?! :lol:

20. Canis

Canis New Member

Good lord, can't you just link to a jpeg or a gif like a normal person. I know of two types of *.jsm formats, and my computer isn't set up to view either of them.

Well whatever it is that you're linking to, I seriously doubt PhoenixU will be hurt enough to respond to your blackmail. The most you'll get out of this is an always-stimulating "I know you are but what am I" debate.

Great Mystery of Our Age: Why do idiots like Nathan always seem to pop up during my time of the month? :x (What? Too much info?) Must be a pheromone thing.

And why the HELL didn't Farscape give Stark a bigger role! Just when he gets interesting they ship him off in favor of newer, more boring aliens! SOMEBODY must suffer for this. Of ALL the things they could do, why do they dump the cutest, most adorable.... ARGH. *pulls hair out*

So here I am stuck with a Stark-less episode of Farscape. I could watch All in the Family but I do NOT want that song stuck in my head right before bed. Yes I know I'm babbling but this thread is going nowhere anyway.

For the sake of on-topic-edness then: Summer vacation doesn't start any time soon does it? I'd hate to think what Nathan would do with even more free time on his hands.

Our Host!