The best guns in the game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by DominiX, Jun 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DominiX

DominiX New Member

My favorite caracter vas the technologist, and I chose the gunsmith and electrical, but I hadn't found any interesting schematics, witch is the best gun

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The Sharpshooter's Pistol, which must be stolen, haggled, or gambled away from it's owner. The Hand Cannon, Bronwicks Gun, the Looking Glass Rifle, & the Charged Accelerator Gun. For ST 12, the Mechanized Gun (expensive to run), the Grenade Launcher, the Blade Launcher & the Flamethrower. The best handgun, hands down, is Duroch's warbringer, a late game peice. The sniper might look at the Long Range Pistol as well.

The rest run from useful (the Fine Revolver), through utter crap like the Acid Gun.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Don't forget the Tesla gun! With gunsmithy+ electrical, he just has to get the Tesla gun. Besides, its probably the easiest schematics to get, of all good guns.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

How could I forget the Tesla Gun? :blush:

5. Langolier

Langolier Member

You dont need to steal the Long Range Pistol, you can find the schematic for it..... its kinda rare though...... Elephant Gun is one of the best to IMHO.

Ooops...... didnt read some one's post right. Gah. never mind.

6. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

I don't like the tesla. The min/max damage difference is too high, it eats 4 batteries per shot, but worst of all, if your target is far away and not running at you or standing still (in other words, it's not aware of you yet :p), the projectile is slow enough to miss. HATE THAT. Not to mention that, in order to build it, you have to put points into electrical, which, aside from Charged Rings, is IMO pretty worthless.

7. Canis

Canis New Member

I suppose using turn-based combat is out of the question then, eh?

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Nah, just stick with the Crude Flintlock Pistol throughout the game :lol: . Hehe, facing down *spoiler* at the end alone with a flintlock. Hmm, wonder how that would turn out :lol:

9. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

Yes, actually. Turn-based makes everything far too easy; I prefer RTB by far, and I use it exclusively.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

My gun of choice is the Looking Glass Rifle. It's accurate, reliable, and does a good amount of damage. The Elephant Gun runs a close second, though.

On a different note, has anyone ever found/used a Levered Machine Gun? If so, is it any good?

11. Langolier

Langolier Member

I dont believe there is a "levered machinegun" in the Arcanum Main game.
    On another note: I dont find the electrical college useless. You can make Chapaus (sp?) for your fallowers wich is one of the best head pieces. You can wear the regenerative jacket wich is great for gunslingers. And the flow specktromiter is great for spotting traps.

12. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Hehe

Silenced pistol. It's the perfect weapon for the distinguishing technological assassin. Of couse, any real assassin would benifit much more from magic, as it enables invisibility. Assassin is a funny word. The origin, I mean. Call me a fatalist or paranoid, but I think some words seem to be made up solely for their subliminal connotations. Ooh. Gotta go. THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME!

13. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Has anyone ever played with the "Rifled Cannon"? I've found the scematic for it in a previous game, but one if it's components was the charged accelerator gun which in turn I could not find the scematic for, so I couldn't make it.

However, in a twist of fate, I currently have a constructed CAG, and now need the scematic for the RC. Where is it, and is the actual gun any good.

Oh yeah, the acid gun IS a piece of crap.

Regards,
    Morden

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

So is the rifled cannon. If I remember it right, it has the speed of 6 or 7, damage 10-50 and uses 5 bullets per shot. Not worth it, when you have guns like the blade launcher or a Tesla gun.

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The Rifled Cannon claims to be armor pericing. I suppose my 1/2 Ogre gunslinger will try it out on the Dark Palidin or Garic Stout. MSR 12, IIRC.

16. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

I never tried the blade launcher; MSR 15 is too high for most gunslingers.

17. Wen Yang

Wen Yang New Member

My personal favorite is the Mechanized Gun.

Sure, 1-30 damage might no tbe that much, and 6 rounds/shot is a lot, but after dealing 25 shots every round with it and still have the 4000+ rounds that Sogg carries for me it feels good to slaughter a whole bunch of enemy every round.

18. Solaris

Solaris New Member

One of the most powerful guns in the game. 30-60 damage, speed 6 MSR 16 I think

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Our Host!