Falcon Ache

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gothmog61, Sep 9, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

Trying to get rid of the humans so I can get in to see the Silver lady, but having a problem.

I have no dialog actions that work to get rid of them, so I am trying to get them to attack me and get killed by the local spirits.... but even though I don't attack anybody, the spirits still kill me too.

Basically, I am stuck here.. am I missing a trick or is this a bug? I have auto attack turned off, no weapons equipped and I have my companions (Virgil and Magnus) waiting for me a bit away (so they don't get involved in the fight and get killed).. still getting killed

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I had the same problem so I started over, this time investing in persuasion. You can however pass it if you have some sort of way of ressurection, the spell or the thingy from the herbalist shop. Although your followers wait they still cast spells on you, so if you give them the means of ressurection they will probably do it

3. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Humans at Falchon's Ache...

How are you getting them to attack you? I assume you're using the dialog options that make the leader angry until he attacks you. If this is how you are doing it, you have to stand still and let him hit you, before this will work. If you move at all, I've found it doesn't work. I did this one 3 or 4 times before I tried just standing there and taking it. He should only manage to hit you once, and then they'll all die. If you've done this, then maybe you're not leaving your companions far enough away. Try leaving them outside Quintarra, like I did. Hope this helps.

4. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

I went back and built up my persuasion a bit, but since i had already talked to him once, I didn't get the option to try and persuade when I went back (and I don't feel like going back to my earlier save, yet)... haven't tried just standing and taking it, so i will try that and see if it works. Thanks for the help.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

too bad it never worked for me. Tried ample times

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

So how did you ever come up to talk to Raven?

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

raven gives you the quest does she not?
    After I got I was never amble to finish it the "hard way"
    hope this clears up 'cause I don't really understand yer question.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

9. Aidan

Aidan New Member

If you our any of your followers attack AT ALL you will all be killed.
    So tell your guys to back off or thats it.

10. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

dunno

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tank on 2001-09-09 17:50 ]</font>

11. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

this IS tough

leave ur party members somewhere nearby and tell them to wait

go to the dude talk to him then try stealing something from him ( u MUST fail ) guys attack u and then die like dogs

12. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Taking it like a man...

Gothmog: Did it work? I'd like to know, since this one seems to be pretty difficult, and I want to know if my solution is the right one. Never tried the pickpocket thing, which is odd, since I played a thief, and you'd think I'd have thought of that. :smile:
    Oh well.

13. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

No, getting them to attack me never worked, exactly..... it didn't matter how far away I left my companions, as soon as I got attacked, we all died (not my companions, that i am aware of, since I couldn't se them, but everybody else)... maybe if I had left them at Quintarra.

Anyway, I got through it by using one of my fate points up for a full heal, just as I got killed by the spirits.

14. Aidan

Aidan New Member

15. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

no dude U dont attack them

they MUST have first hit on u that how i beat it

i tried to steal something i think so they attacked me and then they died =D

16. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

I didn't attack them.... I tried insulting the leader until he attacked me, and I died (and I had auto-attack turned off and no weapon equipped).... I tried stealing something and they attacked me, and I died... had to have been some kind of bug.

I have also noted that when one of my companions uses a ranged weapon (like a bow), they sometimes decide they hate me and attacke me.. which is really screwed up. I've got Raven with me, with her reaction to me at 103, but every once in a while, she goes bonkers and attacks me, which means I have to reload my previous save :razz:

17. Deathlock

Deathlock New Member

Re: Falcon's Ache

Now dis wuz der bestest enkounter fer me. Dis is da one wer it rilly elps da be repulsiv. All I ad da do wuz talk to da guy and laff at I'm an den he 'ad a go at me an den der pritty red lites came an killz all der bad guys. So my rekomendashun iz da make yurself ugly. Ize don't know 'ow you wud do dat tho. I knowz all da spells dat change yur looks but dey all mek 'em better, know wun seems to reelise da advantige ov making dem worse. Mebbe you cud find a mad doktor ta cutz you up, stitch you back tugevver an reanurmate you. I wurked fer me! :smile:

18. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

Well, this is interesting because my experiences don't seem to match anybody else's...

The first time I went through it, I was playing a diplo and had no problem getting them to attack me through dialogue options. However, Sogg, Virgil, Jayna and Magnus were with me and unloaded on the enemy, killing one and seriously wounding another. THEN, another round of combat started and I stood still and did nothing, and it was only at that point that the spirits got pissed and came out...BUT they only killed the enemy and left all my guys untouched. My guys' attacks were not noticed. I chalked it up to the bad guys throwing down first, but maybe it's a bug.

Our Host!