Stringy Pete

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lord Jantar, Sep 9, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

Hey, i'm trying to get to thanatos. I don't feel like raising 50k to buy a ship, and my gambling skills suck. So i went to do stringy pete: however, I can't seem to find anything when I go to the cove. I've walked around, and nothing is there. Which direction should I walk in to get to his grave. Do I have to wait till night or something? Or is it really close by and there is a glitch or something preventing me from seeing it?

2. alacantra

alacantra New Member

It may be too late to try it, but one of Madam Lil's quests involves getting money off a doorman near the gentlemans club in Tarant. Talk to him and he will give you 200, but tells you to return in 5 days for the rest (another 200).
    Return in 5 days and talk to him.
    DO NOT RETURN TO MADAM LIL.
    Talk to him again and ask for the money he owes. He pays up. Repeat this as necessary, and as long as you do not tell Madam Lil that you have the money for her, the doorman will keep paying you.
    It might take a little while to get 50K, but its the best way i know.

3. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

duuuude thats lame

just kill stingy pete

when u arrive at the place take the road south untill u see a boat
    use the boat

find pete take the quests kill him and his undead buddies and u have a ship

4. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Stringy Pete...

As Piccolo said, you need to click on the boat in the cove to go to the location that Stringy Pete and his boat are in. I personally didn't kill him, I did the quests he sends you on, as they are his payment for his bad deeds in life, and once you've done them he's free to die, and you get his boat. Of course, if you're an evil character, go ahead and kill him, as these are all good deeds, and you probably wouldn't want to do them. :smile:

5. Majromax

Majromax New Member

How'd you manage to launch the boat? I know that the helm will work for navigation, but I appear to be missing a means to raise anchor & sails...

6. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

just click on the whell and set a course... you SHOULD then go to the selected location automatically. beats the hell out of walking and dealing with the random encounters with the lame low-level monsters (after killing the 500th kite scout, it gets sort of old :smile: )

7. Majromax

Majromax New Member

Hm. . . I appear to not be getting that.

I click on the wheel, then a menu opens with "Turn towards [city]". I choose one.

Then nothing happens. The menu closes, but that's about it.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I just click that and then my screen went black then I was at my destined port.

Our Host!