Just a few questions. (I'm new to the game)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duncan Warrior, Sep 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Duncan Warrior

Duncan Warrior New Member

1. Does Virgil EVER cast any other spells besides healing spells?

2. Is there some special reason my lvl 7 gunslinger can easily kill a lvl 20 mechanical arachnid? (Small ones in a dungeon below Tarant)

3. What is you ppls opinion on..... um..... how do I say this.... umm.... the Sexually mature part of that one business in Tarant?

4. CPs should go were on my gunslinger?

Thks for your time.

2. madcap

madcap New Member

In an answer to your question, to my knowledge, Virgil only casts Minor Healing, Cure Poison, and Major Healing. Later on he also developes minor lockpicking & gambling skills. He also has a 'healing' skill, meaning that you can give him bandages that you might find in the shops and he can heal you without magic.

As For developing your gunslinger, putting points into your Main Gunning skill is important, as well as perception being crucial as well. Intelligence and dexterity might be a benefit too. A few minor tech skills, perhaps the healing salve and a couple others might benefit - because as you hone your gun skill, you'll start losing your magic aptitude. Hope that helps.

- Madcap

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

4. ryguymcfry

ryguymcfry New Member

In a related question: any way to get an npc to cast a specific spell? Like Virgil's protection from undead spell? That would have really been useful in a few parts.

5. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

Related Q

Or is there anyway to get virgil to cast resurrect (or even minor healing) on someone else, eg. another member of your party.

And what is the point in being able to ask virgil for a resurrect spell you can't choose a target? ('coz you'll only need it when you're dead, and then you can't ask!)

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I'm not sure about Virgil casting it in your other followers but I guess. There's a post here that says Virgil canot resurrect other followers.

7. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

From my experience, Virgil cast healing spells on your other follower when they are in critical condition, he did it to Vollinger once in the black mountain mine.

8. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

He's pretty good about healing Worthless Mutt and Sogg, especially if you're a tech char.

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Virgil is very good at healing. Jayna can heal too. So is Perriman.

10. Vassago

Vassago New Member

In addition to raising Perception, Dexterity, Intelligence and Firearms, you may wish to invest some points in Gun Smithy...it's the cheapest way to improve your arsenal early in the game. My gunslinger also has Pickpocket, Throwing, and Heal skills, and an ungodly Charisma and Persuasion score (she is currently level 31, Tech level 44). Explosives is a handy tech discipline as well.

11. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Duncan,
    Looks like I came in when all questions were answered, but my personal opinion on the whorehouse in Tarant is that it's rather silly and doesn't serve much of a purpose in the game. The sexual nature of it doesn't offend me (I'm a South Park fan!), but the idea of humans, midgets (I'm a Gnome), and monsters all fornicating together is kinda tacky. I think if it played a part in a bigger picture, it would be worthwhile, for example; complete an errand for Madame Lil and choose to bed with the girl that likes to be tied up. Tie her up and pick pocket her for the key to the maid's room, get in to that room and speak with the maid, with some use of an apprentice persuasion ability, find out another conspiracy quest, or get the coordinates to some secret, otherwiese not found, location on the world map.
    As it is now, it's run an errand-get laid, run an errand-get laid, run an errand-get laid...

12. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

Dude!

What's wrong with getting laid for free?!? :wink:

Our Host!