Do dominated followers...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Xan Emrys, May 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

turn on you if you don't have 20 ch? I've always considered charisma my top priority, even over spells, but do dominated (and meta dominated) followers turn on you, say, if you beat them mercilessly while they're under your control? I know I freed Gar for the fate point in my mental save and then dominated him. He seems pretty passive. He still says "yes madam" and that sort of thing, but he doesn't answer many questions or go into speeches. He's rather dull as a mind slave.

I might make a new save in which I'm ugly and surly and have hundreds of followers. If only you could make summoned creatures wait.... I mean, sure, you can meta flesh to stone them, but they remain in your party list and follow you wherever you teleport.

2. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

It would be funny to get all of arcanum to just sit there and let you beat their skulls in with your arcane staff one at a time while blankly starring at the ground! :D

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Dominate Will kind of wipes out all traces of personality in the subject. If you are good & want Tollo this is a good thing. There is no way to get tech followers to make things once they are dominated. I limit the mind controlled to NPCs I have no intrest in listening to, or who have no story or voice.

4. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Hmmm.

If I ever get annoyed at Geoffrey (he joined me even though I'm tremendously good), I'll dominate him. His battle AI is pretty annoying. I just keep him around because he's one of the only followers who isn't a lackwit lackey. He complains when you tell him to do things, like he's a companion instead of a servant.

You know who else is good to dominate? If you don't have 20 charisma, it's good to dominate good followers that get upset when you do something "wrong".

5. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

virgil got very annoyed to the point of -1000 reaction when i hit him with the bangellian scourge.. :) i got him to wait but he wouldn't join me again when i asked him so i dominated his will...

so far my absolute faveourite dominated follower is ogdin big fists from the isle of despair.

Our Host!