Fate Of Vigil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RunAwayScientist, Apr 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

Just like you drag any other item. Hold down the ALT key and click on it, and it'll move to where you're standing. You can't do it over huge distances, but it's good enough.

Or was it CRTL? No, definitely ALT. I think.

Baneful Gauntlets are on the Isle of Despair, I believe. Where the Temporal Crusher is. They're handy for killing people without pissing them off. You can plant them on a person with pickpocket, or drop them by the person and wait for them to pick them up. Once the person equips the Gauntlets, they'll slowly die. Then you can loot them and raise them if you wish, with no consequence besides your conscience.

Now where's that happy evil smilie...? Oh well, have a bunny instead. :bunny:

2. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Thanks

Wicked!!! Thanks...I've got my answer to find Mr. virgil again....You've been most help-ful...Thanks, my problem..Has found a solution...

If you find another answer e-mail me...Cya, and thanks for your help!!!

-RunAWaySic

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Be evil. That way he doesn't leave you, and you have a very cool encounter at some point, with Star Wars references...

4. Canis

Canis New Member

But he's buggy when he's evil. :(

Cool, but buggy.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Who cares, he's more fun when he's mean.

6. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

7. Canis

Canis New Member

Re: ????

Whatchootalkinbout Sci-boy.

(Ever manage to get Virgil unstuck, anyway?)

8. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Parralel Park-It virgil

Nooooooppppeeeeee.....Looks like Virgil done Parralel Parked himself in the corner...Hey I was just reading over the thread "YEarning for the old days..."

That one guy, funny, and such, could've just been my best damned friend. Now he's my kind of guy....Good Roleplayer, and right down funny. Ehhh, course, he never though of MY In-genius design of Roleplay Mod! MUAHAHHAHA!

Ehhh...I'm sure you've *ahem* hear *ahem* of *ahem* it *ahem*.....*ahem* ahem *ahem*.

You know, Jarinanor's Picture kind of looks likes...Uhh, that one guy...Jules Vern? No no....That one guy...Uhhh, the French guy...French Diving guy...Captain Custo!..No no...Damn, talking on the forum and doing History does NOT mix....Kind of like ASphalt and Cement...

And, oh yeah, on that Fallout Post...Du called me a Modding retard! ME! A Modding Retard! Yeah well, guess what DU? Who wrote that Tutorial on how to mod IN Arcanum....Huh?...Hehehhee....*ahem*

Now, remember, one thing you do NOT ever want to do....is:

- To Milk DarkUnderlord

Course, that's happened *ahem* accidently a few *cough* times....Well...Not by me....some...*ahem* other people...*ahem*...

And uhh, you guys consider yourselves regular at 500 Posts? Ummmm....There's no word that I could describe, but I let my actions do this for me....(Shoots Self in head with Ornante Flintcock)

Umm...Anyways, enough of Random Insanity....
    What do you mean he's more fun when he's mean? So far I've been able to piece togeth that Virgil was once a street man...Joachim told him abour the Panarri and showed him a better way. Virgil got tired of being good, and following you around, so he decided to take a hike to Caladon, back to his good ol' days....

I don't think he really liked the Panarri...He forgot alot about it back at the Crash Site...*ahem*....

So...How is it he's more fun when he's 'mean'? He seems to have the experience, yes?

-RunAwayScientist

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Duuuuude, you have like SO misunderstood Virgil. He wasn't a street man, and he didn't go back to Caladon to return to his old ways. Did you read the newspaper article about Lawrence Brummond?!

Reload. Just reload. :)

Anyway, Evil/Surly Virgil is one funny guy. He's a great pal if you're into the whole senseless mass murder thing.

10. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Okkk...So, Jiochim is actually Lawrence Brummond? Wiait no no...Random Insanity again...

(Whacks Raffle[...see "Modding And Scripting Support: Shopkeepers, selling the Family Heirloom" for details])

Anyways, so...Virgil...Got involved with the shady people? Which led to HIM killing Lawrence Brummord, in order for himself not to get killed by the people he was involved in? Which would explain why he evaded Police....

OR, his Shady people killed Lawrence, and he slaughtered them all....After that, not bearing his guilt, he turned to the Panarri and the light side for guidance....He returned to Caladon to find the people he DIDN"T kill, and finish his job....So, you go to Caladon and help him out...Right?

Man, don't be dissin' Virgil (Not saying you are)...Man, virgil be coo' man...I mean like, he be reel coo'. He lik coo' when he coo' yo dawg...Yo yo yo black brotha....[NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE READING THAT LAST ONE....]

-RunAWayScientist

11. Draconix

Draconix New Member

hmm been taking too many speed pills???

12. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Speed pills? What speed pills? (Whacks Raffle again)

If your accusi- (shoots him with Ornate flintcock)

(Runs faster than speed)

-RunAwayScientist

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Great, now I'm regretting calling you Dude instead of Brutha-man like I originally wanted. Coulda had a whole theme thread. Ephedra for everybody!

YOU NEED TO RELOAD AND HAVE VIRGIL TELL YOU THE STORY HIMSELF. It's better hearing it from him then reading a spoiler.

14. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Hmmm...Ok how about this...:

- Mr. Ornate Flinkcock Brutha, yousa sendsa mesa a savsa gamsa whens you talksa to yos virglas brothlas abouthas hisas problemas...
    - You send me a Save Game you have where Virgil talks to you about his *ahem* problems....

-RunAWaySci

15. Canis

Canis New Member

How 'bout I copy-n-paste the dialogue file for you to peruse? Either here, or in a pm, or in an email.

16. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

17. Canis

Canis New Member

WARNING!!! BIG FREAKIN SPOILERS!!!

The newspaper article:

The dialogue after you find and resurrect Virgil, who has just been killed:

No I can't be bothered editing out the superfluous crap.

18. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Where do you get that stuff Canis?

Well done, btw.

19. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Uhhh.....Wow....I- uhh.....(This is what makes me love this game! The drama.... the actions! The truths unfold)....Uhhhh....I guess I should go un-park Mr. Virgil, one way or another...But uhhh, the Isle OF Dispair, how do I get back to it?

Is there a way to go back to the Isle Of Dispair? I left Sogg Mead Mugg all alone back there. Damn this game...I was at 3/2 Followers, and when I enter the pit to fight off a Champion to go and ask the one guy about the BMC, I had to leave my Followers on the ledge....damnit...Mangus, Virgil, and Sogg Mead Mug...We were un-stoppable! Really...Mangus chopped em up with a High Quality Axe, Virgil runs in with a sword and takes a few swings, and Sogg Mead Mug runs in and hits the bad guy like 10 times! Killing my opponent within seconds! Magnificant!

Ack, I lost Mangus, and Sogg Mead Mug is back on the Isle Of Dispair...And where the hell is he hiding is liquor????

I can't find Mangus because well....I was trying to get to speak to Silver Lady of Quintarra, and at those Guy's Campsite, I had to leave my Followers behind to make sure THEY didn't attack them when THEY attacked me....So they wouldn't be cursed in other-words....

So I left mangus and Virgil at the Entrace...And now, I can't find mangus! I took a week resting period from playing, and when I just loaded it up, I found Virgil underneath the trees barely visible, and now I can't find Manugs! AHHH! So now, the only follower I have is Raven...That is, I played my cards right....

-RunAWayScientist

20. Canis

Canis New Member

You can extract all the dialogue files (and voice files, and end screens which make great desktop wallpaper, etc.) from the various *.dat files with an undat utility like "Arcanun, The Graphical Undat Utility", which is available here:

http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/tinkerer/tinkerer.shtml

The newspaper bit was from gamenewspaper.mes, and the dialogue was from 01712Virgil_after_Death.dlg.

[EDIT: misleading typo]

Our Host!