machined platemail

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by DrunkenMaster, Sep 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

If you are a dwarf/gnome/hafling and make a set of machined plate, will it come out in size small?

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

probably not I never seen any samll elite plate, which is essencial. But I might be wrong.
    Hey, did anyone find mithril plate?

3. Karas

Karas New Member

Small Machined Plate ...

Yes, it does exist. I noticed it while building some custom backgrounds. Not easy to create them, but not difficult either.

Yes, Machined Platemail does come in Small, Medium AND Large. At least according to the info in one of the files anyway. Hope that helps matters. It depends on the size of the required items. If you have Small Elite Plate, which is what I think is needed, then you'll make Small Machined Plate. If you have Large Elite Plate you'll make Large Machined Plate.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

yeah, but like the electro armor or whatever it says in brackets medium on the schematic, so wouldn'y you need the same for a small machined plate? I don't think anyone found a schematic for one of those..

5. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

DOH! how I am going to find SMALL elite platemail...I had enough trouble finding small leather armor!

6. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

Wait a sec...is there elite plate in Wheel Clan? I think I recall there being some there.

7. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

It IS possible to have both small (or large) elite platemail and machined platemail. What everything depends on is the size of the leather armor you start with when making the ultralite chainmail. If you use small, you get small, etc. Then you just go about your business as usual making the elite and subsequently the machined sets.

And, by the way, machined platemail ROCKS!!! My gunslinger dwarf has some, and I am searching for a minute steamworks so I can put some on Virgil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tank on 2001-09-07 06:19 ]</font>

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

someone wrote that you just need the armor in smaller sizes. I I think since the electro armour. You will need a special schematic to make it,for god sakes try making the small leather with the spool of heavy wire into a small feather weight chain mail which is part of the deal! If it doesn't work you have your answer DUH!!!

9. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

Where do you find the schematic for machined platemail? And what requirements do you need to fullfill in order to make it?

10. Nomadik

Nomadik New Member

I've made my own set of stuff, chematics are bought, and I believe I found mine in tarant. Randomnly they are available usually at melee weapons shop or gadgets shop. Tarant is the place for all advanced techs.

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

the requirements are steep, 85 in mechanic and 10 in smith but you also need an elite plate witch you know what requires...

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

oh and you also need minute steam works,
    I think it's one of the random schematics

Our Host!