Troop morale problem......(spoiler)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Aldarad, Sep 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Aldarad

Aldarad New Member

As I left the Black mountain clan stronghold my party members attitude towards me dropped like 10% ! Magnus is know suspisios and even Virgil is neutral. Whats wrong? I dont think that any object I carry is cursed and I have no scars, aligment good. Maybe..

1. All work no play. I have not given any food, wine, rest.....

2. Too risky. The stronghold was though, and they think I was reckless to try it at lvl 13.

3. Bad mix. I have 4 Npc:s with me. Some off them does not like each other?

4. Working for the wrong side. It is something fishy with Bates......

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I had the same problem over and over first with undead and then with kite bowman that can be found at the mines. sometimes it happens sometimes not. What you need to do is backup save before and let them kill the bowmans. But unfortunetly now it is quite irreversible. one of the reasons I started the game for the 3rd time. Troika should do something about this if they haven't already

3. Aldarad

Aldarad New Member

A bug???

Here I was , beliving it was some intricate effect of my roleplay. Darn!

Well thank you but I wont go back to before BM, not as long they are still following me.
    Will keep my eyes open and avoid things like this again though.

Thanks

4. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Bad attitudes in the ranks...

The only one I had a problem with was Magnus. He was suspicious of me for about three quarters of the game. All I did was keep some snuff on me at all times and when he decided to leave, I'd give him some snuff and he'd join me again. I think most of this was because I played a Half-Elf and had a high magic rating, and Dwarves don't seem to get along well with Elves of any kind. Virgil was suspicious of me as we got near the Dark Elven city, but as he left me when I exited the city, and I never saw him again, that wasn't too much of a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beelzebubba on 2001-09-02 09:51 ]</font>

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I am having problem with Raven and this dark elf woman from Tsen'Ang. Raven won't join my team as long as this dark elf is in my team. I convince them sometimes but after that and have Raven wait, I can't seem to convince her anymore.

6. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

Heh, no one leaves me anymore.. or shouldnt, not with my 20 in charisma. Still, this game some extremely annoying bugs left, and whats with all the acursed loading all the time??

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

If you want to make Magnus happy, go kill the Schuylers before BMC. Or after, I guess...

9. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Magnus and his bad attitude...

>that is beacuse you did the P shnuyer without him and afterwards you let him join you right?

The first time I played the game, this was the case, as he refused to join me before I went in and said yes when I came out. The second time I played he joined me before I went in and killed them, and developed this bad attitude over time. He never said anything to me, just slowly got more and more suspicious until he'd tell me "I'm sorry, I just plain don't like you" and I'd have to give him snuff to get him to join me again. In the first game, he'd ocassionally say something along the lines of "Why are we doing this?" But in the second game he never said anything until he left me. Weird...

10. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

Well, there is nothing more to say than the way this game works(or is buggy), you just never know. Good aligned npc's will sometimes attack you for no reason(like the half-ogre thief in BMC caves), and those of your followers that doesnt like you killing good npc's.. will like you less, even though you did not attack the npc, it attacked you.

The AI of the game isnt very good, and your followers tend to mess up things(healing you even if you are tech to as much as 100% or have a shielf of reflection on, or forgetting to turn of a spell after battle so they drop of exaustion).

Other than that, its easy to get stuck, an enemy get stuck in a door, your followers dont attack him, you cannot go past them because you are in combat mode..

The game slows down, eats memory ect ect..

Well, needless to say, this game still has a lot of annoying bugs.. but... the game is cool still and still very playable and still very fun.. Now if you exuse me, I will be off searching for the book "Curse of the (some name for dark elves)"

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hey Beelzebubba, you were right about the elves thing tht is one of the reasons.

12. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

Make sure you aren't wearing Dread Armor. When I had this on reaction levels went down by like 10-15. But I also had the same problem... Magus gets really annoying saying that he is going to leave all the time. Bloody bastage..

If you have Charisma of 20 then it isn't much of a problem. Just irritating.

13. Jo

Jo New Member

I had the problem in the dwarven mines with reaction dropping . . . it took me ages to figure out that the +20 reaction clothing I was wearing had been destroyed by one of the traps. . . have you checked this as well? I just charmed my party back round to my way of thinking, but I'm not sure how a technologist would handle this problem as smoking jackets etc seem to be extremely rare (I was level 36 before I managed to find another set)

14. gothmog61

gothmog61 New Member

Well, what you are wearing has an effect, as others have pointed out.... basically, the Dread Armor is a bad armor choice as people (and your followers) tend to react badly to it. When I was using it, I had two sets of clothes, the armor and a smoking jacket. Unless I was traveling in the wild or was about to get into combat, I wore the smoking jacket (which gives you a + on reaction).

Spoiler----------------

If you let your followers go down the long, trapped tunnel with you in Black Mountain, their attitude towards you will drop (because they hit a lot of traps going through and they don't seem to much like that--and blame you for it). I told them to wait at the start of the tunnel and used the scrolls of sense invisible to traipse through the tunnel to solve the quest, then had them stop waiting when I came back, thus preserving their attitude towards me.

15. alacantra

alacantra New Member

I found that the morale of party members fell after i critcally fail in melee combat, presumably as a result of me hitting them unintentionally.
    This is a much more serious problem for characters that used ranged weapons, as when they fail they tend to hit followers in melee combat.

I don't think dread armour affects morale of party members. It only seemed to offend town people and shop-keepers.

Our Host!