Newbie Question, but hey*shrugs*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Petey_the_Skid, Feb 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Petey_the_Skid

Petey_the_Skid New Member

Hey folks*waves and such*

So anyways, how do you find Stillwater? I've managed to finish the mines several times, but always quit the game in disgust/frustartion because I can't find anybody around who will tell me where Stillwater is or any other way to put it on my map, and I want to follow up on Virgil and Joachim. Thinking of reinstalling it for another go, but I don't want this to happen again...so any tips?

2. Lagash

Lagash New Member

:-? What do you mean? You're talking about the Dredge? Be more clear.

Anyway, if you want to go there, no matter no one told you to, then go to these coordinates: 1189W, 755S. :)

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Probably the BMC mines. Stillwater will appear on you map in due time, in the natural course of the game. Following up on that rat bastard Joachim isn't technically a quest, and I wouldn't worry too much about him. Not like he seems overly concerned about you, does he? :)

4. Petey_the_Skid

Eh*shrugs*It's just really frustrating to me that I get a telegram in tarant, Telling us to meet the old fool in Stillwater, and that I have no way to get to the *many expletives deleted* place because apparently, there's no way to find it. Why should I go off on all these silly other quests when I'd rather just meet up with Joachim, which is what always oocured to me to me the main plot line*shrugs*stupid dwarves...anyways, thanks folks:)

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

So go. Lagash provided the coordinates. But Joachim is already elsewhere leaving another clue in his wake.

After the BMC mines, see Bates again, & then its a refreshing sea voyage to a pleasant tropical island with half naked women. :grin: There is a Dwarf there who can become a free follower for those who are not Gnomes & have two points or more in persuasion.

6. Petey_the_Skid

Indeed, I suppose I just might...just think that if they're going to leave you a note about where to go, they'd tell ya where the place is:)...thanks for the help guys.

7. Lagash

Lagash New Member

The funniest is that in some way that's true. :D

Petey, you want to know where is Joachim?? 'cause I can spoil it if you want! :grin:

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Of course, I never tell a lie. :grin:

9. Petey_the_Skid

Thanks but no, I'll try and find out the rest on my own when iI get back into it:)

10. Gavla

Gavla New Member

I thought this was frustrating, too.
    Sure, I'm chasing down this smelly old gnome's ring as a primary quest... But at this stage I'm just as, if not more interested in discovering whether I'm a reborn god or not.
    It's daft.

11. cadaver

cadaver New Member

do you really think if you where a god you have such WEAK powers :p

ps this is no clue to the answer

Our Host!