Attempt to Roleplay

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Flink

Flink New Member

Aye, that was a close one. We just managed to close the door when the Gowrath came round the corner. It was a frightening beast to be sure. It was big, even for a gowrath. At least 600 lb. Maybe more... In one way, it looked just as blood-thirsty as the rest of its kind. And I should know, As I and mi clan-mates had killed at least a dussin during the my stay in the wheel clan's army when we marched across the eastern moutains. Granted, that was almost a hundred years ago, but I still remembered.

And yet... There was something odd about this beast. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. The way it moved, the way it seemed to stop and look at us before charging. As if it was thinking things throu... This was no ordinary gowraith.

We just managed to seal the door before the beast was uppon us. We could hear a muffled crash as the huge creature smashed against the thick door.
    We where safe... for the moment. Or so we thought.

I gave our new human companion a hardy handshake and then proceeded to intoduce myself to the elven woman as we'd been to busy to do this during our hasty escape.

I was just about to do the same with the strange girl when I saw that she was still frightened. I put my hand on her shoulder to calm her down, but she quickly scurried in to one of the corners of the room. Odd, she'd seemed quite brave just moments before. I was just about to atempt to comfort her when Drackius hollered at me. He didn't like the idea of being locked in this room wanted me to help him study the door. I put my ear against it to listen if I could still hear the gowraith when my blood froze with fear!

I could hear the locking mechanism. It was clicking. I could also hear the heavy breathing of the gowraith just outside the door, and how its claws scraped against the door. It was actually trying to manipulate the lock in order to open the door! This was defenatly nothing like the gowraiths I'd hunted in my time. The mages must have done something to increase its intelligence. As I was thinking this, I heard a louder more prominent click. The creature had actually managed to unlock the door! I lept back as fast as I could and shouted:

"Drackius! get yerself away from the door ladd!"

Fortunatly, Drackius was fast enough and quickly stepped to one side as the big door swung open. The girl screamed, and Q'ay and Spade quickly spun around to meet the threat.

Looking around, I managed to grab a pretty well crafted axe and a small wooden sheild from one of the many tables just as the gowraith charged in to the room.

This was going to be messy...

- Krogg Deepminer

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Everyone seemed to start enjoying my company, and the dwarf seemed to be the first to shake my hand, and well, that was good and all but the Drackius fellow seemed unsure about our situation, and when he called Krogg to help him investigate, that was a telltale sign we were in trouble.

At first thought, I grabbed for precious, but then, it's a Gowrath, precious isn't ready for that yet, so I looked for anything larger, hopefully an elephant gun. Time was running out, using every bit of gunsmithy I had, I crafted one out of a large pipe and a hunting rifle, a little crude due to the time restrictions, but an elephant gun.

I loaded it as the Gowrath burst through the door, and everyone burst into action, attacking the beast on all sides, and I aimed in on its head...

-Spade

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The Beast

As the gowrath charged into the room, I let my Chakram fly straight at its neck. It went cleanly straight across the neck, and came back to my hand. There were only two problems, the chakram that returned to me was still blood-free, and the beast's head was still attached, in fact, I couldn't even see where my weapon had entered. I decided that at this venture, the best idea might be to attempt a run for it, so I tried to run out of the door, but this too had complications. Well, although it appeared otherwise, the door had never actually opened. Although I did not notice this fact until I had allready ran into a stone wall, the door was still closed, there was some sort of magick that was showing us otherwise. I should have known, after all, that door did not actually have a handle, which is what we had certainly heard out there, and there is the fact that it had been basically a big slab of rock that slid back and forth. I hadn't noticed any of the things when the beast first charged in here. I suppose I had been a little occupied, when a giant Gowrath is charging into the room, you aren't paying attention to things like if the door suddenly seems to be operating differently.

4. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

As I was Aiming at the beast, Quay made a shot for it's neck, obviously going clean through, the strange part was, it was clean, so clean, that the "through" part could never have happened.

I decided if that wouldn't work, neither would bullets, so I lowered my gun, and watched Quay slam into the wall. It was an illusion. At least I thought it was until A giant tusk almost rips my arm off. That was pain, illusions dont cause pain...but maybe some kinds of ghosts do.

We were doomed, unless someone knew some sort of magick, that might be it's weakness. I yelled out to everyone "USE MAGICK!!"
    -Spade

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

[OOC]Unfortnuately, I'm leaving here. I go to Perth for the next two weeks and when I get back, it'll be to a different job. IE: One where I won't be able to pop in here and role-play due to the lack of a computer.[/OOC]

I made another mental note to kill the dwarf again if I ever got out. I swear he deliberately waited for a second or two before shouting that warning about the door... Anyway, the proverbial hit the fan.

Kway's chakram went straight through the monster which seemed unaffected by all sorts of things. Krogg managed to yell something about the Gowrath being smart just as it went for me. I dodged but wasn't quick enough, a claw ripped through my arm and left a giant gash. Damn dwarf, he's trying to get me killed again. Blood dripped down my arm onto the floor. The Gowrath, seeing me injured, went for me again. I rolled quicker this time and didn't get hurt. My arm was killing me though.

That's when I had an idea... Seeing as the Gowrath was so interested in me, I'd keep its attention and let the other escape. I shouted to the others "Get out of here, I'll keep it occupied". They didn't move. I opened up my flamethrower on the Gowrath, it didn't seem to be having much affect, other than gaining its attention. It went for me again. I jumped back and lured it into a corner of the room. The others had enough room to get out now. I yelled again "Go for the floor! Go for the floor! The tunnel Krogg dug! I'll follow soon after if I can" They looked at me, saw I was serious and then ran for it... I hoped I could hold off the Gowrath long enough to let them escape. The Gowrath, with its eyes on me, didn't notice the others had gone. I opened up Grandmaster Toasty III all the way...

- Drackius Hollander

6. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc]Good exit DU[/ooc]

Drackius took the the attention of the Gowrath to him, as we fled underground, for 30 foot or so deep, until we hit what was hard floor, it seemed we had gotten into another mess until Krogg stomped on the stone, and it crumbled, leading into ancient tunnels of some sort, like catacombs almost, but it looks as if there are no signs of the dead.

There were long tunnels going either way, each looking just as deep and dark, except for one had a strange trait, I was unsure about the consequences of either tunnel...
    -Spade

7. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc]OK. This is no fun waiting for the next reply, so I think I'll expand on my previous post a bit to the point it will actually draw attention.[/ooc]

There was no time to try an figure out the best possible way to go. No one was saying anything, just inspecting the slime covered walls of this dark hall. I took a look into that strange feeling I got from one end of the hallway...I stepped forward, slowly...the closer I got, the stronger the feeling got, until I got too close. It wasn't a hallway in that direction...just another odd mirage, like the gowrath, which was there...but wasn't. This entire place was like some carnival funhouse with the added twist of pain. The only way to go was set in place, and as we began to dash into the dark corridors, an explosion from the hole gave more speed to our heels...and deeper into the hall we went.
    -Spade

Our Host!