What future improvements Troika should add...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John R., Sep 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. John R.

John R. New Member

Just wanted to see what people thought Troika should try and add in future patches. I would like to see:

1. Something to speed up Tarant
    2. A few improvements to World ED - As an example you should be able to right click and designate a starting location. The process for adding dialog could also be made easier.

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

3.) Turn Based Multiplayer Combat
    4.) Remove the level cap, or raise it enough so you don't hit it long before the game ends.
    5.) Ability for Herbal Techies to grow their own plants.
    6.) New schematic for a clockwork mule(mid level mechanical) to haul around techie components.
    7.) Up the damage on the Feather Weight Axe.

3. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

Not having the game upend and lie down gasping whenever you enter a bar with your followers.

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

World-ed improvements

1. Righclicking on a sign/npc would also give you the option to name them as well as add a description

2. Shift-drag to select a square to fill the selected terrain (Without these boulders and weeds)

3. Quick look in chests/inventory to see what is there

4. Easier access to items. (Having a difficult time finding stuff)
    More to come...

/PeeCee

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PeeCee on 2001-09-04 06:26 ]</font>

5. John R.

John R. New Member

I think a lot of people want major improvements to World Ed. After having a more in-depth look at it, I must say I am very disappointed. It is very hard to use, and very unstable.

Here are the obvious things that I think should be fixed:

1. Dialog should be a point and click affair - why do I have to use a separate program - that first creates a script and then links into a dialog file - what's the point?

2. Nothing should need to be done outside the main World Ed program. Having to add text information to the various directories is frustrating - at the very least couldn't all the relevant information be stored in one file instead of having one for log book entries, one for quest information, one for Global variables, etc, etc...

3. The program is very unstable it crashes at least once every second time I load it up.

4. I hate to say this but I really get the impression World Ed was an afterthought on Troika's part. I like the game but the editor is very, very flawed. Ultimately it hurts Troika because it seriously limits the amount of people who will try and create Mod's, which is a shame because, a lot of people who will be unable to use this product could create very interesting and entertaining Mod's, given the right tools.

6. Dromar

Dromar New Member

The #1 biggest thing they need to do is imporve how it uses memory and graphics (to reduce lag when too much is on screen or in large towns)

7. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

Maybe it's the coca leaves talking ...

Maybe it's just me (and it very well may be) but I can't figure out any way to scroll in World ED. Is it possible? They should program the arrow keys so you can just fly around the map, instead of having to type in the coords of every single thing you make.

8. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Use num keypad.

I have a lot of problem with this as well.

Now my problem is that I can't get my mod to work. I am doing just the way Shellman says, still nuttin'

/PeeCee

9. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

1) Table of Contents in manual.
    2) Manual coverage of World Ed
    3) Speech Review option
    4) Quick transfer for ammo (no more clicking 150 times for arrows when the vendor has 600 and you only need so many)
    5) Clearer distinctions between magick/tech (different levels, for one- tech characters can't seem to get past the ore golem in the BMC)
    6) No level cap
    7) Better character design system- you should be able to make your own backgrounds!
    :cool: downloadable character portraits (there's so few, and they're all ugly)
    9) More tech skills!!! Plenty of spells, but only SEVEN tech disciplines!?!? Magick has like 20 or something.

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I think the most important thing is the game stability The game works quite well under Windows ME but when you switch to SE, It crashes constantly and alot of bugs just come out of nowhere. I experienced this on my own skin, and I don't think it even works under 2000 or xp. in SE the unexpected happen

11. Saint_Proverbius

Check the downloads at http://terra-arcanum.com

There are WorldEd docs at http://www.troikagames.com

They're not really friendly though.

Try the number pad on your keyboard. It lets you enter how many you want.

I did.

Or, at least, make it around 65.

You can.

Magick has 16 colleges, with five spells a piece. That's 80 some odd spells.

Tech has eight colleges, and seven schematics a piece. That's 56 schematics. When you toss in the fact there are numerous "found" schematics in addition to that, you have a fair balance between the two.

Sure, there are scrolls that offer spells that aren't in the 80 default spells, but those are expensive and can only be used once. Once you learn a found schematic, you can make that item over and over again.

12. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

Maybe somebody could start working on their own editor (ala Emerald Staredit for Starcraft) or something.

Don't look at me :smile: I dunno anything about that kinda schtuff :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: villageidiot on 2001-09-05 07:00 ]</font>

13. John R.

John R. New Member

Further Balancing Issues...

Although in general I believe Troika did a good job balancing the game. I personally think that the Mechanical Spider is some what useless. It is very slow and in most combat situations by the time it gradually works its way over to the fight, it's already over.

14. Saint_Proverbius

John,

For best results, keep the arachnids in your belt, and toss them at the bad guys.

Arachnid users really need a bit of Throwing Skill to make them worth it.

Our Host!