Arcane Armor

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by hutz, Nov 20, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. hutz

hutz New Member

i just came from the sewers of caladon with high hopes of obtaining some arnane chainmail. Instead the only thing i got was the arcane sword...another site i went to had a map of the sewers and what was in each barrel and it was totally wrong. those bastards!!

So my question is, where can i get some Arcane Chainmail (preferably, it is lighter) or Arcane Platemail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Most chests are random items or they have a group of items that can come from it and a random one(s) is picked

like the kite shamens chest in the chrash site, sometimes u get a charmed mace, rubies, and gold - sometimes u get some lame staff...

3. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Arcane stuff is really hard to find, try camping gypsies.

4. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It just offers some really nice added bonuses if you're highly magickally inclined. It's like the other magickal armours, just the most powerful.

Normal -> Charmed (+5 bonus) -> Magick (+10 bonus) -> Mystic (+15 bonus) -> Arcane (+20 bonus).

6. The_Malus_Monkey

neat! too bad I am playin a techy at the moment, Might hve to start a classic elf mage guy! where can you find this arcane stuff?

7. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

8. Lagash

Lagash New Member

The Arcane Platemail sucks, I found the Arcane Cloak awesome, it gives you (+50) in every resistance! ...except in Normal Damage, you only get +3. Or the Arcane Leather Armour, it's better than the Arcane Traveler's Cloak, that is also a great armor.

And I found something interesting about the chests like the one in the crash site... I think it depends on which background you choose... Once I started a player with the Only Child Background, and in the Factory Discards box there were a pair of lockpicks between other stuff, and in the Arcane chest there was a magick robe, an emerald, a poison posion and something else... I died in the crash site (I don't suck that much, it's just that I threw Acid at the enemy and I didn't have throwing at all...), so I started a new chara with the same backg. and there were the same itmes than before... plus I remember that happened a lot of times with the backg. but I realized just now.

9. hutz

hutz New Member

right now i got the mystik leather armor. Its the best armor that i have had yet. but doesn't have that many HP. something like 80 or so. But it adds about 25-30 AC plus resistances with 15 or something, i dunno, bit i want to sell it, sometimes i get it repaired and the smith is an idiot so it takes him 3 times to repair it, and it looses 10 hit points. i am trying to biuld up my repair but i feel like i have better things to put my character points into. Like CH.

I wouldn't mind getting some arcane Leather Armor. Now...just to find it is the dilema.

10. The_Malus_Monkey

What is in those boxes depends on your name, if you put in screech you get some really good plate armor at the crash site chest! If you are a midget or too big you can give it to Virgil and he is set for a good chunk of the game!

11. Canis

Canis New Member

*cough*

Where exactly is this legendary Box o' Factory Discards at the Crash Site? I've heard it's near where you start, but I've started and restarted a dozen times trying to get my character right (yes, I'm an idiot) and I've never seen the dang thing.

12. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

It's a pain in the ass to see. It's kinda sorta hidden behind a bush. I'd post a screenshot to point it out if I could... All I can remember (it's been months since I played) is that it's right south of a section of the wreckage, near one or two pieces of "steel" - in fact, right in front of a piece of steel you CANNOT pick up no matter how hard you try without destroying the crate.

Someone must havea screenie? I am not in the mood to re-install the game just to take the shot :p

13. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Interestiing where did you find that out?

14. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Luchaire, that piece of steel under the Faxtory Discards box, you can pick it up just by holding Alt (I think left-Alt) and clicking on it, then the character will drag it to him and then you click it again to pick it up. It's like dragging corpses around.

And, for those who don't see the box. Try where you start walk 5 steps up-right there's a bush, and in it is the box. Like the Arcane chest gives you random magical items, the Factory Discards box has tech stuff... well, one time I checked it and had nothing, but it doesn't happen often.

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

What is in the boxes & chests throughout the game is set by a combination of your name, race, sex, & background, plus a modifier. I do not know what the modifier is, a number in the disk serial number or the timestamp I think.

Try Violet Morningstar, Female 1/2 Orc Barbarian. For some of us she gets Charmed Axe, Mace, Robes, & Chain + gold & some minor thing.

16. Lagash

Lagash New Member

This is nice to try to uncover the secret of random stuff... that information can't be found with the UnDAT in some file? It'd be great to find the "best" combination and get an Electro Armor in the Factory Discards box.

17. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Yeah, forgot about that. Like I said, I haven't played the game in months. :oops:

18. The_Malus_Monkey

Ok guys the ONLY variable is the name! I used screech as a Female Elf mage and on a gun slinging dwarf, still the same stuff. Also later in the Pscyler and sons place, with screech you get better items in their neato chest.

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The only things you will find in random tech boxes is raw materials. IMHO bullets are only found in pre set boxes.

20. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

If you pick charged ring as one of your starting skills you get the raw matierials to make that in the factory discards.

Our Host!