What kind of computer games do you like.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Native Bug, Nov 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

Alright, sorry. I won't bother you again.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Really? I like The Sims too!

3. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

I am good at math and typing shop and others like art and few others. Sims don't like it much guess it because all of you are old so you like Sims not fighing games like starcraft and all them most of you are 20 30 40 ahh 80 maybe.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I knew it, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!

Slug, we were jerking your chain. Nobody here likes the sims. Look at this:

sar·casm Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
    n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is
    intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Wow. Nbrosz, how much older than you is Sluggie? And why does he type like that?

5. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

6. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

I think we've all been double-had by Slug. He's been yanking us around while we think we've been jerking him around. He's some sort of super-smart being, maybe extra terrestrial from another planet! They might be planning on taking over the world, and they send in Slug (and maybe Nbrosz) as scouts.

The way i see it, there's only one thing to do. Learn their language, learn their way of life and breed with their women. And in time, our differences will be forgotten.

7. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

You know, retard, in posts like this you really don't want to have the name "retard", becuase you don't know if they are just calling you by your name or actually calling you a retard :D

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I finally broke Warcraft III out of the box, so far so good.
    I played the walk-through, now I'm ready for the human campaign.
    I guess you could say I like RPG's.

9. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Hah, Warcraft III is cool, I burned it from me friend... I'm on chapter 6 on the human campaign...

10. xento

xento New Member

You have Warcraft II? Or do you mean Warcraft III? Warcraft II is boring and dumb. I like Star Craft WAY better!

11. DarkUnderlord

Starcraft is good. Warcraft II is still pretty good too. A little easy on the tactics (Ogres or Knights, nothing else) but good.

By the way, I actually do like The Sims. I've got the first two expansion packs as well... I'm not buying the others until they're real cheap. Like $10 each.

I LOVE Cutthroats. Had some issues getting it to work intially and it crashes randomly ever now and then, but damn it's fun. I've taken 4 Spanish Frigates now and have an UNSTOPPABLE fleet! MUAHAHAHH!!! My ships Interplay Cow, Dead White Dove, Donkey's Ass, DarkUnderlord's Revenge, Tiger Cannon, Green Sapphire, Royal Jewels and the other one I forgot kick Spanish ass. I love it when ships just surrender to me too. I'm, cruising along with my fleet, run up the jolly roger and they give in. HAHAHHA!!! ph34r |\/|3!

12. xento

xento New Member

I liked the simple MapEd. On Star Craft, if you make a custom campaign, the enemies won't build/advance/harvest minerals, but on War Craft they will.... wonder why...

13. DarkUnderlord

Ummm... Because you have to set their area and give them an AI, from simple town building to aggressive attack. It's all in the tutorials on how to use it.

14. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Arggh!! I meant Warcraft III! But I like Warcraft II, they was before AoE and all those games too... But I hate only being able to select 9 units a time... :-?

And one can only select about 20 units in Warcraft III...

I LOVE selecting like 200 units and just make them totallly SLAUGHTER the enemy *drools* :p

15. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

I like being zerg on star craft they make units fast really fast if you have lots of hives. I didn't like war craft II much really boring but i don't know about war craft III it maybe fun.

16. xento

xento New Member

I think it is obvious from your sig, Slug...

I am anxious for them to come out with Star Craft 2... I hope it is the top-of-the-line but still has the old excitement to it!

17. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

So what other games do you guys like i also like hmm midtown maddness on computer my school use to play that all the time but we can't play it anymore. So we just go on games on internet.

18. Milo

Milo New Member

I like all kinds of games. Right now I'm mostly into adventures since this is a pretty good time for the genre. There are quite a few (seemingly) high-quality games out right now. Syberia and Post Mortem from Microids, an old LucasArts-style game called Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths, a PS2 port called Shadow of Destiny, and a couple others. I have all those lined up and ready to play. Syberia and Post Mortem are, so far, excellent games. The others I haven't gotten into yet.

FPS games, UT2K3 specifically, bore me after awhile because I can't motivate myself to get really good at them. And even though I was really into RPGs, I haven't had the patience for them lately.

I've been into adventure games since the old text-parser days, and I thought the genre was dead after the LucasArts classics came and went. It's a pleasant surprise that it's making a small comeback.

19. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

Tony i played that part II anyway and i have played not played III do.

20. Milo

Milo New Member

Our Host!