Sad News

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Kasceis, Aug 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kasceis

Kasceis New Member

I accidently saved over my lvl 33 human fighter. He has very good gear and this stats were amazing. Master melee, master dodge, expert perswarder(sp i am far from right). I started a second char and i was so use to hitting exit, save, green arrow, that i did it on my 2nd char and it saved only my very good one. Now i am very sad, any ideas on anything and anything? I am most likely going to start a thief now, is it fun prowling around and stealing? :cry: :minigun: :puke: 0:)

2. Settler

Settler Member

Never, EVER get to used to autosave. I've saved over about 4 games like that :oops: .

I haven't tried a thief but my current character is some bizarre kind of uber-techie - 20 Int, 18 Charisma, Master of Firearms and Persuasion, Complete Firearms and Explosive degrees.

A LOT of fun to play - especially with a flamethrower or Droch's Warbringer 8) :D .

EDIT - Oh, and Magnus has the Iron Clan Armour and Hammer :D :D :D .

3. BadKarma

BadKarma New Member

I know your pain. I'm not a very big fan of confirmation messages, but this is definatly something which would benefit from it.

I've just completed the game with a half orc wizard (who became a fighter also after Velorien's blessing :)) and am playing now with a persuasive dodge/melee/backstab char (loads of damage with very little str) and want to try out an evil thief char and a dumb character.

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Go for the dumb character! VERY FUNNY comments :lol:

5. Settler

Settler Member

I remember playing with my friend the first time I brought it to his place - we were killing ourselves laughing when our Int 2 Ogre charmed Laura into going to Madam Lil's...

6. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

You should also try a low charisma character.

Some of the responses are annoying albeit interesting.

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Or try a barbarian or a nude one :lol:

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Actually, I'm already planning my next character (Oh my God! Will this ever end? I need help!) to be a female half-elf BE:20 CH:20 Master of Haggle, Dodge, Bow and Persuassion.

Let the fighting be done by your followers ...
    Let's try some REAL role-playing.

I wonder if the game can be completed through persuasion.
    If yes, I will be pleasantly surprized and I think I will enjoy the experience.

9. Bramble

Bramble New Member

I had the same problem a couple of times. I still do it occaisionally, but it no longer makes me start over. I now save with autosave, but every once in a while I also save a game with the name of the town I am in. that way, if I fat finger and save instead of reloading, I only have to go back to the last town or wilderness game I saved...

10. Helvete

Helvete New Member

flamethrower?

where can i find a flamethrower or other BIG guns?

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

You find the schmatics in gunsmith's stores, then try to make them.

12. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Heh, I use autosavfe for my barbarian only... But that's becuase I made a pause to use him... I'll use me tech dwarf again when I get home tho...

13. axo

axo New Member

int 1 after leaving the bridge of shroulded hills "move away little one"

spoiler tip :hippy:

yes u can u have to have 20 charisma and EXPERT persuasion (or master well at least the highest), correct me if I am wrong[/code]

14. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

You can actually win the game without killing anything at all (very, very difficult) but you need some intelligence aswell (unless you want to go just run past all the ore golems in the dredge)

Good reason for a restart.

Whenever I quit I do a proper save with the name of that character. The first thing I o when I finish the game is delete this save.

Our Host!