the stillwater giant affair revealed

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jinxed, Sep 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

In case someone is still wandering if you can catch the giant, you can't, even with the empty cage and the scent, when using the cage on the real bunny nothing happens tried milions of times. Guess it really was only for laughs.bomer.

2. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

There is a real stillwater giant...really.

Details to come if you want. :razz:

3. Pasca

Pasca New Member

I had no problems cathing the rabbit.

Remove your armour, use the scent and sneak nearby the rabbit and use the cage... and bingo, you got a giant in a cage...

4. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Real giant...

Cyann: I'm assuming you're talking about the real Giant and not the fake blue rabbit in the cave in Stillwater. Did you know the one in the cave was a fake before you caught the real one in the wilderness outside Stillwater? This was my problem, I couldn't release the fake one from the cage in order to use the cage on the real one. Dang!

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

What kind of an animal is the Stillwater giant? A bear? A human being? A rabbit monster?

6. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Stillwater Giant...

It's a small Blue Rabbit, almost exactly like the one in the cave, only it's found in the wilderness outside of Stillwater, not the one in the cave. If you wander around the world map near Stillwater, you'll run across it eventually.

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I meant the monster, after he transformed into as a giant.

8. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

It looks exactly like in the statue at stillwater...

Good aligned, too.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

look guys, I got the empty cage and did not complete the quest, went straight to tarant to get the fake pelt after I gave it to the elf, I just went around in the wilderness, and met the REAL giant. I knew that you encaunter him mostly after completing the quest (for me) but someone said he met him before the quest. Anyway you can kill the real one for the real pelt. but you can't catch him. using the empty cage doesn't work,like it wasn't meant to work in the first place. I've tried alot believe me.

10. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

There is a real Stillwater Giant? Wow. I just thought it was a wild goose chase and you had to go to Tarant to get the fake pelt...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vikjunk on 2001-09-02 17:58 ]</font>

11. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Yep, the giant is real. It seems to be a single random encounter in the Stillwater area. I've fought it and won, but since I completed the quest for it I reloaded the game. No reason to kill a good 'guy'. I just wanted to see if i could, and Virgil didn't seem like it very much.

12. Section8

Section8 New Member

I have the bunny in a cage, the fake pelt, and the real pelt, it's wonderful collection, although I don't think it really matters, I got the Elf to tell me by showing the fake.

13. Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib New Member

I got the fake pelt by killing the shopkeeper in Tarant. Then I killed the real stillwater giant in the random encounter.
    My character has a lot of angst...

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Again, what kind of animal is the StillWater giant?

15. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

Again, it looks like the statue that they have at Stillwater.

If you don't remember, or can't be bothered, or did not see the statue(it's right in front of you when you enter town), it looks like what you would get if a giant bear mated with an ewok, then started growing antlers.

If you're looking for a possible species classification, I'd call it 'near extinct mythical yeti-varient shapeshifting humanoid with vestigal antlers'.

He's also a nice boy.

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I thought he would be dangerous but he turned out to be a wuss, just another Bigfoot

17. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

With my 52 speed fighter mage /w haste he never even got a swing in on turnbased, but in realtime he could tear some people apart...

18. Diemon

Diemon New Member

I did the mistake of killing the bunny in the cave even before i had been to Tarant the first time. It took me 2h to figure out that there was an museum in Tarant that had a fake one. :smile:

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I had half ogre magmus and virgil with pyro axes the giant in realtime was dead before he hit the ground. (virgil charged sword)

20. Three_Man

Three_Man New Member

"I did the mistake of killing the bunny in the cave even before i had been to Tarant the first time. It took me 2h
    to figure out that there was an museum in Tarant that had a fake one. "

Heh I did the same thing. The "Giant hunter" got really pissed off cuase I destroyed his life's work. Ha Ha sucker.

Our Host!