Professional Knife Tosser

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by pspahn420, Oct 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pspahn420

pspahn420 New Member

I reinstalled Arcanum recently, hadn't played in ages, in fact, I never even beat the game. Well, I started a new character, a female half-elf mage/thrower. I just wanted to point out to everyone how INCREDIBLY EASY the game was with this build.

stats and skills:
    throwing master
    dodge master
    temporal college master (including master quest)
    mental college master
    conveyance master

thats pretty much it! i got enough WP to use my spells, dex is 21 and str was about 18 when i ended up beating the game. I put a handful of points into perception as well. This chick was pure ownage, no matter what enemy was thrown at me. I beat the final dude in like four or five rounds. most battles would go like this:

sneak up and snipe all possible monsters from long range (~1-2 screens away), holding down "<" to call head shots. Once they all die, do the same thing over and over. I used virgil, dog, as my only followers and raven once virgil left. None of them ever got any kills simply because I killed all the monsters in the first round of each fight. For the tougher early battles that lasted longer, i would use haste, along with disarm, stun, unseen force (awesome spell for a thrower), etc. great build, and dosn't really need too much fatigue, seeing as spells are complementary only, and the real damage is dealt by the 10 attacks per round you get from a fast weapon and high dex. Heh, if you're hastened, you will get like 20 attacks per round. its pretty funny, even though damage is low (at level ~50 damage was i think 9-17) you get so many attacks, along with tons of critical hits.

2. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Yep hrowing rules, now try a tech thrower with charged rings, grenades and corrosive acid.

BTW what weapon were you using ,Azrams Star?

3. pspahn420

pspahn420 New Member

Actually I let the master keep the star, I was using, hmm, it was either the mystical chakrum or the serrated chakrum. Its the black round one with no, what would you call them, tangs? I think I bought it from the gypsy in tarant.

to be honest, i've never even tried a tech character. I just dl'ed chris' mod and started a new guy, an evil elf pure mage, using Morph, Temporal, Stone, and Mental. I remember how good harm was before, but stone throw rules! I'm only level 13 or so, but i've already 6 of my points right into fatigue, and its up to around 76 or so, enough to deal with most of my early battles, although i'm resting quite a bit, and its just me and Dog, no healer. Who is a good evil healer mage?

4. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The only healer who can be evil is virgil I think but from what I gather you've dumped him already, also don't put points into fatigue unless you have 17 con, you only get 1 more fatigue and you'd get less heal rate/poison resist.

If you get meta aswell you can build an army of sheep.... discover how.

Use dominate will on some random person, cast polymorph on him, cast dweomer shield on it.

Then cancel alll the spells in the order you played them (dom will, morph then shield).

I also reccomend getting minor heal, as an evil mage you don't need that many skill point for stats/skills.

5. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Heh, I never thought throwing was any good, since there wasn't any fun throwing weapons in the beginning... Do they have a long range, eh? I might try that soon...

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No amuniton needed, good speed, only one short range weapon, & mastery doubbles range.

The opening boomerang will kill wolves, & the Serated Chakram is easily obtainable. When you first get to Ashbury, the Wise Woman has a Mystic Chakram for sale. I don't think they come in Arcane.

The Star has some LARGE + to crit hit.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i also love throwing mages. mine had dodge and throwing mastered. he had disintegrate, harm, teleport, and major healing. he also had lots of followers-dog, sogg, raven, sebastian, magnus, virgil, perriman smythe, and one other who i cant remember off the top of my head. i fought with azrams star, very fast and very good.

8. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Mastery removes range penalties, expert doubles range.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

:oops:

10. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Our Host!