The Ultimate Mage

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mortalis, Oct 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mortalis

Mortalis New Member

I actually came up with this a while ago, but my BROTHER stole my idea.
    This mage can Master up to 12 different schools of magic (by master, I mean learn every spell).

All you have to do is have a gnome (+2 WP, -2 CN) that is an only child (+6WP, -6 CH)

Now, at the original character planning screen put 2-4 points in to WP, and learn a spell. Having done this, You will start the game with a WP of 18-20, enough WP to learn any spell in the Game.

P.S I advise you put in 4 points 'cause an Immunity to Disintegrate is very useful.

P.P.S I advise you don't master 12 schools of magic, it isn't as useful as you may think. I myself am only picking 8. These are the schools I recommend:
    -Force
    -Meta
    -Necromantic Black
    -Necromantic White
    -Summoning
    -Conveyance
    -Divination
    -Fire

P.P.P.S I realise this message is getting long, but for anyone who would like to know what I'm doing with the other 20 points, I'm putting 6 in Charisma, 5 in Haggle and 9 in Constitution.

2. Settler

Settler Member

1. Welcome to T-A.
    2. Good Idea, but you'd have to rely on your followers for some fighting - you might even need more points in Charisma than 6.
    3. Where do you live in Melbourne (me too)?

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Get the Ring of Influence & the Jewel of Hebe.

4. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Heh, cool... I just started a new mage elf char, dark elf follower background (+2 wp -2 ch) on the "Hellgate" modulation... He is already like level 17... And I had only played on him for like 30 mins! :eek:

5. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

1) While the build is interesting, I'm afraid hardly anyone thought mastering 8 schools of magic is useful. Especially considering your build can only maintain 2 spells.

2) Looks like a bad choice of a starting character: your choice takes con and cha away, only to put it back it in; there's not much point in starting with 18 WP as you can't learn the last 2 spells until level 10 and 15.

3) You only need 20 points for the immunity.

6. Mortalis

Mortalis New Member

7. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

Umm, since when does anybody in the game use Disintegrate against you? I think the only creature that even has the spell is the Force Mage in Tulla.

-Poiuyt Man

8. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

... also Nasrudin I think.

I've done this, except I'm only lvl 45 and if I go to sleep or leave Ashbury the game crashes. You don't need followers, or any of the hapless people in Arcanum to like you, kill the heal master and Mr. Franklin to get their +con jewelry and also get torgs altar so you only need 2 points in con to get 6 heal rate.

Even though only 2 enemies have disintergrate the meta tree will effectively make you immune to magic and 100ma will make you almost immune to tech. The first spell you get has to be harm. THis skill plus the ma you'll get from other spell should get you to the isle of despair alone if you're so inclined. As soon as you reach Tulla get black necro master (2 mana for harm) then kill one of the masters to get his 80 mana staff. Be as evil as you like but don't join Min Gorad (kill tyhe Borograg)

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

isnt it constitution that makes you immune to disintegrate? max wp makes you immune to anything thats resisted by wp, but i believe disintegrate is resisted by constitution -5

10. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Disintergrate
    Minimum level: 15
    Resisted by Constitution -5
    Effect: this spell eliminatesthe binding force between atoms, reducing the target to its constituent particles and dispersing them. If the target is a creature, a successful saving throw will avoid this fate. Otherwise, the creatue and its inventory are utterly destroyed, and resurrection is not possible.

11. Drugar

Drugar New Member

Pheh, get Harm, Fireflash and Shield of Protection, and there really isn't a need for any other spell.
    Well, maybe Create Undead, for fun.
    And teleport, for convinience.

But these 3 are quite overpowered IMHO. Harm can kill most any creature within 3-4 shots, fireflash does the same, but with a group, and Shield gives a nifty 90% damage resistence. So you're pretty damn invunerable, whilst mass murdering yer foes.
    Nifty, non?

Our Host!