Porrasturvat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Settler, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Settler

Settler Member

I've mentioned this in Guilty Pleasures, but I feel it needs it's own thread.

Porrasturvat is "Stair Dismount" in Finnish :eek: (crazy Finns). I'll leave you to you to find out the joys of this beautiful, yet slightly sadistic game. Feedback, highscores, killer strategies, all to this thread. Enjoy.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I posted this a while back. It's the most satisfying game in the world.

3. Settler

Settler Member

Sorry, couldn't be bothered checking. I've been playing it since I found it on one of my coverdiscs. Hilarious, in a very sadistic kind of way :) .

4. Riddle master

Riddle master New Member

5. Milo

Milo New Member

I played this a while ago and it's a fun game. I could never get above ~60,000, if I remember correctly. The best strategy I found was to either kick the guys foot or hand out in just such a way that he'd slowly cartwheel down the stairs.

6. Mael

Mael New Member

whats this game(assuming that this is a game) about anyways?

7. Milo

Milo New Member

It's simple. You push a guy down some stairs and you get points depending on how badly he gets injured. There's different points of his body that you can push and with different degrees of strength. I think the whole thing started out as a physics modeling excercise and the guy ended up making a game out of it.

8. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Settler i love your sig.
    Why do we not have a tank driving smilie?

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I reached about 90,000 points only once. The best way I found to do it is push the guy's head up and slightly forward, full strength.

Plus it's hilarious to watch. Looks like his head is about to come off his shoulders.

10. Settler

Settler Member

Sorry, RM, but I love languages that have a single word for phrases like "Stair Dismount" (e.g, German + North European). No offense intended.

Thank you :) .

I agree. Maybe nbrosz could knock something up? nbrosz?

By the way, my high score is about 70000 - I usually hit the shins, so that he spins nearly 180, then tumbles down for a bit, eventually starting to roll on his side. Beautiful.

11. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

English has a word just for being thrown out of a window (defenestrate). And it's got several for "useless" (superfluous, extraneous, and tertiary are all examples)

In other news, Seven of Nine's Borg designation is "tertiary adjunct of unimatrix 01", meaning "useless addition to unimatrix 01". :D

12. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I thought tertiary meant ... um ... the one after secondary, you know ... er ... "of the third level" or something.

[EDIT]I just looked it up, and tertiary does mean of the third rank. It's funny because in the same listbox on M-W was the phrase "tertiary syphillis" and I thought about your defintion, and the way doctors would be saying "No, Mr Smith, your syphillis doesn't have any upsides, that's why we call it tertiary syphillis."

13. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Hmm... dictionary.com says you're right. :oops:

Apparantly it also refers to the back feathers on a quail and a religious order in the Catholic Church.

Our Host!