Spells & Fatigue Cost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demetrius, Aug 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demetrius

Demetrius New Member

Does anyone know where I can find a list of spells WITH their respective fatigue cost? I just got the game and have not had a chance to play it, but I do think that knowing a spell's fatigue cost can factor into where you ultimately spend character points (I've been messing with the character editor here online). I'm pretty irritated the manual doesn't list the cost. Thanks.

2. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

It says in the book the cost and the time delay for each loss. And if you had bought the game you should know that

3. Strider23

Strider23 New Member

Jureel

It never ceases to amaze me how often newbies to these boards are greeted with RTFM posts - especially when r'ing the f'ing m doesn't answer the question.

I have said book in my hand as I type - hence the dogy tping - and nowhere does it give the fatigue cost of any of the spells.

Unless I have a UK or European version of the manual which is different from the one for the US I believe you owe Demetrius an apology - not only for insulting his intelligence but also for the possibly slanderous implication that he owns a pirate copy of the game.

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

You know what? Shut your mouth
    I could care freaken less about what you think or any other newbie
    The info he seeks is right there in the full game and the booklet that CAME WITH THIS GAME
    so shut up and bug off

5. Strider23

Strider23 New Member

ROTFLMAO

Call a guy a king an' it goes straight to his head.

Now go to your toybox and under all your WWF figures and barbie dolls you might find a copy of the Arcanum Players Guide, open it, find the page where it gives this info, come back and let me know what the number is on the bottom of that page.

OK, now play nice.

6. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Another great place to look is in the character editor itself. Click on the spells section, and run the cursor over the spells you might like to use. In the info panel, it'll show you information about that spell, which includes a description and fatigue cost. I don't think it shows the casting time though.

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Yes, I can't seem to find the it in the manual. I did find out that...

"If the Spell has a cost in Fatigue to maintain, the cost is increased by the factor 100/(100-resistance), and cannot be maintained at all on a 100% resistant creature."

8. Strider23

Strider23 New Member

Saint_P

Thanks for that, can I pick your brains a bit more.

One of the spells I looked at, I think it was 'Plague of Insects', said, IIRC, 'Fatigue 3 (1/10sec)' - does this mean it takes 3 points of fatigue every 10 seconds to maintain?

TIA

9. Xerophyte

Xerophyte New Member

Nopely-dopely!

Strider: That means it costs 3 FT to cast, then 1 FT every 10 seconds to maintain. All the maintainable spells use notation like that.

Our Host!