Another Bush Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinxed, Oct 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I spotted this link at the DAC forums. The article is absolutely hilarious. The sad part is that it's ironically true...

The Onion

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Do not mail that page to the white house whatever you do, do not mail that page to the white house. I wonder: why does he want war?

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Irony as defined by Darkwalker. A man going into diabetic shock realizes he is out of medication. He rushes to his car and recklessly drives towards the local hospital. Seeing a red light at the intersection ahead, the man ignores it and races through it. Only to be crushed by an oncoming tractor trailer hauling the very same medication he needed.

The Onion is pretty funny, Howard Stern is constantly advocating it. However, this particular piece is blown way out of proportion, so as to rob it of any comedic value. It's based on the U.S. wanting to view the eight presedential sites of Hussein, among other things. I think it's absolutely necessary the United Nations confirm the innocence of these presedential palaces.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Why did you post your definition?

What I meant is that no one can take this article seriously but the irony is that what is written there is INDEED true. (IMO)

5. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

While I agree that the general idea of the article is in some ways more or less accurate, the specifics were blown way out of proportion. I hope that you at least agree to that, Jinxed.

Well . . . they were blown somewhat out of proportion, at least.

Needless to say, though, the article was very funny. Typical of The Onion's quality work.

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Ain't that the truth. :D

Our Host!