Hard

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Gavla, Sep 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Luinil

Luinil New Member

could someone post the exact statistics and items needed to get him to off himself.
    thanks

2. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

If you decide to join Kerghan, he'll allow you to leave (so you can kill the other three banished maniacs). Then you can get Kryggird's Falchion, return and kill him.

There is one other option - let Kerghan kill you. According to the Terra Arcanum quest walkthroughs, this is the ending you get:

"After your death, Kerghan returned to Arcanum, making good on his vow to destroy all life. Arcanum is now a burned out shell, existing only in memory."

-Poiuyt Man

3. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

You need a Persuasion rating of 5 (probably have to be a Master, as well) and Arronax in your party.

Quicksave before you enter Kerghan's chamber (in case you mess up). Talk to him, try not to use any insulting dialogue options, and after the cutscene select "An interesting point of view...". Arronax objects, to which you whisper that you have a plan. Then convince Kerghan that his opinions are biased, and that not all souls are in pain. If you are successful, Kerghan will allow you to kill him. You'll still have to attack him a bit, although he won't fight back and won't go into his shell.

-Poiuyt Man

4. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

You must have 20 charisma, full Persuasion, smart dialog, and either the Vendigroth Device or Kryggird's Falchion. I don't know if you need Arronax. Unfortunately, I can't puzzle out what path you should take to convince Arronax to commit suicide, since some of it is done with scripting. Once you achieve the line "What say you, traveler? Do you hear the truth in my words?" follow this path:

• It's possible. Perhaps we could talk about it further?
    • Very well. Let's speak of the nature of life and death...
    • As you've said, I have only my experience to draw from...
    • Hold, Kerghan. That assumption is based on YOUR experience...
    • Yes, but perhaps that is the nature of those particular souls...
    • No. Some souls are in pain because they hold on too tightly...
    • No, but the PAIN is of their own making...
    • Think about it. The pain is from LOSS of life, not because of it.../I've spoken with souls who weren't in pain...
    • The distortion is caused by the eyes with which we choose to see...
    • No...I have a solution. I can free you once and for all...
    • The Vendigroth Device...it will sever you from this world forever.../This weapon...it will sever you from this world forever...
    • Yes. I can free you from the pain that you fear...
    • Let me end your journey, Kerghan. Go to your rest.
    • Yes, I think you might be right...
    • Good bye, Kerghan...
    I don't know how to get that line. Also note that there are variations you can pick in one or two places, but this path is guaranteed to work.

Our Host!