Ore Golems

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zubbus, Oct 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

They're blocking my storyline. What are good ways of killing them for a tech character?

2. runey

runey New Member

Personally, I like the bait-and-switch. Run towards one, then before turn-based kicks in, start running away and let your followers wail on it. Only works if you have followers, of course.

3. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Melee weapons do a good job but they get damaged very quickly. The ones that don't are Pyrotechnic Axe (you can find a schematic in a room with mechanical arachnids in Tarant sewers) and Arcane sword and Axe. Pyro Axe gets damaged actually but only a tiny bit. Be sure not to use teach weapons with high magic aptitude and vice versa.

Also you can get Dog in Ashbury - he's great against golems (and a whole lot of other enemies too).

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

hit and run tactics with guns work unless he doesn't use stone throw.

6. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

Well the arachnids in that basement causes the same problem as the golems, basically...

7. Susano

Susano New Member

well my last char (pseudo-techie) kille dthem with guns....
    my current one kills them with damage spells.....

8. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

Be careful using tech weapons against ore golems. Since the golems are magical, the weapons have an increased miss chance.

No arcane weapon is damaged by hitting something like an ore golem.

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

They're really easy if you still have or know where to get a dynamite. Destroy the metal door, get in arachnids will start walking towards you. Put dynamite on the ground, get out (they can't walk through that door hee hee) and wait. It's good to leave your followers way off so that they don't mess up everything.

10. Susano

Susano New Member

yeah..... of coruse dynamite lies on the street for everyone to pick :razz:

well guns do work... well mabye youll have to use a little bit more ammunition, but still better then broken swords :/

11. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

Thanks. I think I was having most troubles with it cos:
    1) I was very low levelled ( I did all the quests I could at Shrouded and Tarant, but that's still pretty low compared to having travelled around)
    2) My party was very melee oriented.
    3) I was so stingy I didn't like damaging my weapons at all.

Now I'm level 19. The half-ogre's got 20 STR and I got the dog, I should be able to walk through them.

Sadly. I think I'm gonna put my tech char down for a bit, too many wasted points.

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You should visit Dernholm and Blackroot before Tarant. They help you gain a few valuable levels. "Cleaning out" Tarant sewers gives you ~10 levels too.

13. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

Cleaning out? 10 levels? You must be talking about the part that's sealed off. What's the least illegal way of getting in?

14. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Dragoon didn't mean not so much one area,but all of them, if you "clean out" all of the sewer area's you should get atleast 10 levels of exp plus whatever loot you happen to wander across in your travels.

*edit* in the S/E corner on a wharf/promintory/something is an entrance to the sewers which should get you on the way with exp

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The Pyro Axe has a zero % chance of hitting an Ore Golem. They are way too magical. Carry magical backup weapons. If you are tech, you don't get the bonus, but you can hit the things, at least. Arcane weapons don't seem to get dammaged.

16. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

That's a good guess. I have to mention it's a mundane task though. sewers are huge and there's not much in a way of real treasures to be found there.

As for Pyro Axe vs Ore Golems - I had problems using it as a melee half-ogre however Magnus had no problem hitting those bastards - I didn't play a tech melee so I don't know if it would work for the main character.

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have also noticed that Magnus can sometimes hit an Ore Golem with a Pyro Axe, but he does miss a lot.

18. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Them Ore Golems can be pretty tough for the stage of the game however i see this as a good thing, I like a challenge 3:)

I usually killed em with magic and Arrows but I look forward to fighting them with my Techie Theif :wink:

Our Host!