Virgil comes to crash site and finds ...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by crispy, Sep 9, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. crispy

crispy New Member

a moron! You should definitely try this. For fun, I chose a half-ogre with a background of Half-Troll. The character is massively powerful, but massively dumb. Believe me, Virgil's reaction alone is worth it. I'm only up to Shrouded Hills, and the dialogue's got me in tears. It's hilarious. Has anyone else ever tried this? Also, is it possible to actually finish the game if your character is so completely pointlessly dumb?

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Dialogs are hilarious however a lot of them are left unaltered :( The only real difference is that you have very limited answer choice. Only main plot related characters have actually some seriously hilarious dialogs like Virgil and Magnus. Too bad there are so few voiced characters.

3. reiella

reiella New Member

Got as far as just past Narsudin before my autosave got corrupted (with last save back at Caladon still). You get alot of fringe benefits from being an idiot too. Going from 4 to 5 is a biiiig step in dialog, it removes thick-talk from most dialogs.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Unless you choose Idiot savant for a background. You can have 20IN and still get dumb dialog lines.

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The super model also starts out with IN < 5. Her dialog options are just as much fun.

6. xento

xento New Member

Another sucky thing about being dumb, is that everyone rips you off with money, and other rewards for your work.

Our Host!