Shellman's Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Markham, Aug 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Billy Markham

Billy Markham New Member

I'v been playing the new mod that can be downloaded and I'm about frustrated out. Where do I find the Keys to the trap doors. Shellman says to check all the bodies, but I can only find a couple of those, and there are no keys on them. HELP!!!!!

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

3. Billy Markham

Billy Markham New Member

4. Quintis

Quintis New Member

I found a key that says something "to such and such basement" but it doesn't work on that trap door. I know I've scoured this place, course those are the famous last words of any CRPGer :smile: Anyway it could be that I'm using the key incorrectly. I assume you left click the key on a door like using lockpicks, correct? Or does the door automatically open if the key is in your inventory? I have the key and the door doesn't open and if I try to left click the key on the trap door my character ends up throwing the key at the door, heh. Anyway I hope this gets answered.

On a related note I guess you have left that first starter dungeon and gone outside and into the second dungeon? The second dungeon is most excellent. However, maybe it's just me and my n00b Arcanum skills, but no matter what type of character I make I find that, from outside on, the mod is insanely difficult. Do you? Does anyone else? I guess it could be that she threw it together with little thought for balance since it's just a tutorial.

It's funny though. I had more fun in that mod than I did in the demo. I've played it some ump-teen times now. I thought the demo was neat but the mod was exciting and interesting. Anyway, as much as I have been waiting to get my hands on this game, I got worried about how it would turn out after playing the demo. Having played the mod my excitment over it is higher than it ever has been =)

EDIT: Doh! Sorry Billy forgot your question heh. The key I found was on a body in the first dungeon. It's hidden by a wall. You'll have to walk up to it so your character makes the wall transparent. It's in the area with the three wolves.

---------------------------------
    Quintis

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quintis on 2001-08-15 04:31 ]</font>

5. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

Quintis,

There are two keys in the Mod. You need the other one to get were you want to go...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vikjunk on 2001-08-15 05:57 ]</font>

6. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

Quintis** he, yeah, its pretty raw. I'd recommend a ogre, with the raised by ORCS backgound, or the Beaten by an ugly stick background.

or perhaps an Half Orc with the same background.

focus on combat skills and some magick(i got strength of earth and minor healing with my first winning character(a human with a heroic father))

*SPOLIER*

the key that you will find in the first dungeon will lead to the trap door in the house south of the exit from the first dungeon...

in the basement of that house you will find the second key, that leads to the trapdoor in the first dungeon.

the trap door leads to a golem and some loot.

O can't wait for the rest of the turtorial.

7. Quintis

Quintis New Member

Thanks all for the info =)

I'm confused on the keys now and think I may be doing something wrong in using the key. I have found 2 keys in the first dungeon. One that opens that sarcophagus(sp?) and one that is labeled "so and so basement". Does the basement key not open the trap door? I thought it should. If so how are you using it to open the door?

***SPOLIERS***

In the second dungeon I saw two areas I could not access. One was a cave hall that ended in a statue with two chests. I saw a golem there too. The other was obviously a basement of a house which is what I was assuming my key went to I just didn't know where to use it. If the top of your screen is north I saw the hall in the along the north east corner and the basement in the northwest corner.

Thanks.

----------------------------------
    Quintis

8. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

*SPOLIER*

the basment...

you can access the basment from the house above it, its out in the wilderness.

just go south from the north cave opening(the one leading from the first cave)

or north from the cave to the south(the second cave)

so the key to success is simply to romp around in the wilderness looking for the house(there is actually 2 of them, but only one with a trap door).

*spolier ENDS*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-08-15 09:45 ]</font>

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Any ideas on how to open the "magicly sealed" stump?

10. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

beats me, but i'd like to know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-08-15 15:10 ]</font>

11. Whipporowill

Whipporowill New Member

The magical tree stump was the only thing that "stumped" me in the mod... heh. I even beat the bloody water elemental, with a little help from concussion grenades... :wink:

A techie dwarf is a most excellent char in the demo as soon as you get him geared up.

12. Diemon

Diemon New Member

How do i get this mod? When i click the download button i come to this page full of letters and numbers. And do i need anything exept the demo to play? Since the full game aint out yet and i dont think monkey has the warez i guess not.

13. Avatar

ArchAngel:

Have you tried the scroll of Unlock Cantrip on the stump?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Avatar on 2001-08-16 10:56 ]</font>

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I tried the scroll

I tried the scroll to no effect. I tried just casting unlock cantrip. I tried casting dispel magik. I tried casting disintegrate and attacking. I thought maybe I had to open it before killing the kites so I casted invisibility and went over there. it starts locked. The Auto lock pick is useless as well.

It is a very safe stump.
    Wish I had worldbuilder so I could see how such a lock works.

15. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I've tried bashing, lock picking, catrip, dispell, and some searching the island to no avail. I've also tried to crossover to the surounding island to with no success using spatial distortion and the body of air/water spells. I've circled the edge of the island 4 times checking for a shallow spot to cross w/ no sucess either.

My guess is Shellman placed things in the mod that had no answer so we would go insane and/or be occupied with it till the next tutorial or till the games released. Still, though, the mod kicks ass.

16. Whipporowill

Whipporowill New Member

I wonder if the 2nd lvl divination spell can show what's in it. If it is a container as it seems... hm

*goes off to try*

17. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

18. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Can't I see

See contents doesn't seem to work either. The thing that seems strange to me is that it doesn't even seem to cast any of these spells as if the stump were an illegal target

19. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

See! I have been saying all along that shellman was evil and nobody would believe me. This is how she works. The scary thing is she designed many of the quests.

I have heard that she designed the pick pocking quest, and several people have mentioned that it was a dozy. I know nothing more that that but I heard it from raster, Jason (journal guy), and I think Calis.

*Mortimer excited to play the final game and master pick pocketing.

20. Billy Markham

Billy Markham New Member

I was just reading that Shellman had forgotten that you are unable to use a rifle in the demo when she added one to the Mod. This brings up and interesting question. Will the Mod work with the full game, and at that time, will we be able to use the rifle?

Our Host!