Kin of Sogg, possibly a demi-god?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Darkwalker, Aug 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: I want to complete the ultimate blessing quest with a half-ogre, but I'm always presented with idiot dialogue when playing this type of character. I discovered the priestess of Stillwater won't give you the quest for retriving the idol for her alter if your an idiot. Regardless of how many cp's I put towards intelligence she never changes her outlook. It seems like she is simply adverse to the idea of copulation with a half-ogre. Does anyone know a way around this so I can make my offering to Geshtina? (probably butchered that) Thanks in advance.

2. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

I do not know if this will work, but I recommend you try it:

- Quests do not have to be "given" to be able to complete them.
    If you go out and get the object, when you go back to the priestess the dialog line for returning the object will be there. Even if you are an ogre.

- No copulation is required to complete the quest.

So, go get the statue (if you know where it is).
    If you do not know, go to the tavern and talk to the patrons and the bartender. They'll provide clues about someone ugly becoming popular with the opposite sex. Follow the leads.

Once you get the statue, go talk to the priestess again.

Good luck.

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Menkhur, I tried that before I posted. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier, it doesn't work either. Thanks anyway.

4. Luinil

Luinil New Member

you could try intelligence potions to boost your intel long enough to get the quest.
    i havent actually done this quest before so i dont know if this will work

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Luinil, I know your trying to help, but please read the question and you will come to the realization your not doing a very good job.

6. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

5 iintelligence is enough to get normal dialogue anymore is probably a waste. Sorry no way to help you. By the way wwas the nature of yiour problem that the idol wasn't there or that the priestess wouldn't accept it?

7. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: The statue is there, I tried to place it on the pedestal, but to no avail. So, I killed the priestess and destroyed the statue. Good Times.

8. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

When you have the statue talk to the priestess, you should get some very funny options and one to give the statue back.

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Evil AssAssin, did you even bother to read the thread before spaming this one?

10. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

It's beggining to make sense ...

An ogre can not copulate with a human.

That is the whole point about Arcanum and the half-ogres ...
    If you think about this conflict and then add the information that is spread out all over the game, it begins to make sense why an ogre can not copulate with a human.

I've only partially seen the quest that takes you to the breeding plant (where you DO find evidence).
    Therefore, I am sure that this is an aberration to the Goddess.
    It would only make sense ...

11. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

This might be a crazy idea but did you try to raise your beauty? I think Ogres have this stat pretty low so perhaps there's a minimum BE requirement you must meet. That or maybe you're evil (I played good characters so far and never had problems getting this quest)

12. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

It looks like someone here is confused - either it's me or you.

As far as I remember, there are two blessing quests involving to Geshtianna's temple.

One entails getting the statue back, for which you receive a +1 beauty bonus (within certain conditions, I think) from the Priestess.

The other is part of the pagan god's quest and entails putting some passion root on the altar at the temple of Geshtianna, as part of a sequence of offerings. The sequence eventually leads to a huge blessing.

When you say "ultimate blessing", Darkwalker, I find it hard to believe you are refering to the +1 beauty. Also, I don't think either of the quests involve putting a statue on the altar of Geshtianna (although the second one involves putting a different statue on a different altar, I think).

Have I got this completely muddled? It is a VERY long time since I played the game.

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

IIRC Sheriff Gesthianna's altar is incoplete without her statue which results in the fact that you can't make an offering. Or perhaps you can't just read what you should place there as the text is on statue. :-?

14. Luinil

Luinil New Member

can someone clue me in as to where marley's house is? ive searched through all of stillwater several times and have not managed to find it...

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

SouthEast part of village a bit away from other buildings. It's easiest to get there using town map, then you see buildings layout.

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Is it? I never actually had the patience to do that quest. I thought there was a book that gave you clues, though. I don't remember reading anything from the statue, and I did THAT quest a number of times. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the statue and less to looking at walkthroughs to see the things I missed!

17. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You used a walkthrough? Shame on you. Anyway each altar consists of two parts. One is a "container" in which you place offerings and another is a statue/stone/whatever with a poem inscribed on it, which details (not too directly) what object you should place on the altar to receive a blessing.

Darkwalker if I understood what Sheriff wrote correctly you can receive a blessing without fixing Gesthianna's altar. Just place a passion root as an offering. Worth a shot IMO.

18. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Sorry guys, you can't make an offering to an incomplete or damaged altar. Hence the quest to retrieve a new altar stone for Halcyon. I do appreciate all the attempted help, but I'm ready to give up on this one. :cry:

19. terrasnake

terrasnake New Member

Can the priestess move like the shopkeepers ?. If so then you could try putting the idol down near her. Then she would have "found" it.

20. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But you have to mount it on the altar yourself if I remember correctly.

Our Host!