Cow Level Portal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Aug 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Diablo II, at what level or point must you be to create the cow level portal? I have the cube and the necessary ingredients, at least according to the ultimate walkthrough. Thanks in advance

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

You have to have completed the game before you can enter the portal. If you've killed Baal on normal, you can do the cow level on normal. It doesn't matter what level you are.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Isn't it killing Diablo on normal, even with the expansion pack? With the expansion pack, it may be Baal, Darkwalker, but without you only have to kill Diablo.

4. piff133

piff133 New Member

With the Expansion, you need to kill Baal. Without the expasion, Diablo. You also need the Wirt's Leg of the difficulty you are entering it in (i.e. For Normal Cows, you need the Wirt's Leg from Normal Tristram) And be sure to never kill the King. Killing the King prevents you from opening the portal to that difficulty Cows again. And there is no level requirement. I've seen games of Hell Cows start by level one characters.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, it doesn't make a difference what difficulty level Wirt's leg you use. Game can't tell the difference, all it knows is that you have one or not.

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

7. Milo

Milo New Member

What's this "Cow Level" all about?

For someone who's never playd Diablo II, all this sounds really strange.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Once you have completed the game (the whole way through) on a particular difficulty level, a rather large easter egg becomes available. If you take a previously useless item (called Wirts Leg) and combine it in your Horadric Cube with a book of Town Portal, you can open a special portal to a level where the only monsters are cows, ruled by the Cow King. These coews walk on their hind legs and say "Moo" in a variety very meaningful tones (one of them sounds EXACTLY as you'd expect moo to sound directly after a kick in the nuts). The first time I played that level, I laughed my arse off.

9. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

It's actually called "The Moo Moo Farm", and i thought it was fun as well. The cows were mean as hell though.

10. piff133

piff133 New Member

The Cow Level is the only way to get Exp. anymore. They are kinda hard for a Mace Barb (weak without the right few eweapons) but it takes strategy. Hell Cows are very nasty, if you're not that far yet :wink: I perfer to do the Cows alone for two reasons:
    1. I'm not strong enough to play with cows any harder than they already are.
    2. With +400% or so extra gold found per kill, you get about 3000 gold a drop, and you use it later to gamble for Circlets, and hope for a good + skills one for trading (Assuming you play on Bnet)

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Cows are hard Milo. Very hard. At least at first. Then you just use the same tactics as everyone else to clear the level in a matter of minutes.

12. Dennis Moore

Dennis Moore New Member

Also cows are extremely boring. The game is way too repetitive and… Damn you! I now will have to play it a bit as the image of my skeleton army wont leave my mind.

13. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

I'm aware of this "cow run" thing going on on battle.net. Hell i've heard people bragging about how they did over 300 cow runs in 24 hours straight. The cow level was fun once, it might have been fun twice and thrice as well, but damn, 300 times through 24 hours non-stop? That's just obsession.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's called getting to level 99 in less than 40 hours...

15. Sheriff Fatman

It's ridiculous. The game ceases to be fun for me as soon as that kind of repetition comes into it. I think the people who have tried it are the people who became most disillusioned with the game.

BTW, everyone has until Jinxed gets back to tidy this stuff away and make it look like we were never playing in this thread. You know how he feels about the D word.

16. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Jarinor, the picture of the "crazy old psychopath", is that you?

17. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Cliff is my favourite fictional character-who-people-think-is-real :D.

I'm guessing he doesn't like it :). I can't even remember why...

19. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The cows are easy, ever heard of blood golem and iron maiden.
    BTW thanks for telling me about not killing the king, I thought you could only go once per difficulty EVER.

20. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

USELESS!!!!!

YOU CAN BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ZOMBIES WITH THAT THING!!!
    150% damage to undead!!!
    I mean, come on man!!!
    and if you get a socketed one, with diamonds, you are unstoppable, at least until you leave town.

Our Host!