Any way to get the game to play in a lower resolution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That dead ogre in the fir, Aug 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. That dead ogre in the fir

That dead ogre in the fir New Member

Hi, I am playing the demo and iw as wondering if there was a way to get the game to play ina lower resolution than what it plays in now. I lag severely when anything other than grass is on my screen. My comp specs are sort of crappy, so yeah that's basically the reason why it don't run so hot in the higher resolutions. However most games run fine at the 800x600 mode. So I was wondering if there's a way to make this or any other game run in a lower resolution? If I can't, then I'm not going to be buying the game when it comes out, because it's that laggy. I was actually surprised that there wasn't an option in game to switch resolutions.

2. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi Ogre.

Since you say that most other games runs well on your machine in 800*600 I think the problem lies in the missing graphics.

As for changing the resolution you can't in the demo.

/PeeCee

3. Srekel

Srekel New Member

yup

I hope the graphichs engine has been severly improved in the final release. It's playable, but it could definately get better.

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Hopefully in the full they'll give us all the options for resolution

5. That dead ogre in the fir

Hmm, ok thanks guys, I was thinking that maybe there was some kind of program file you can hack to make it run in 800x600. I checked out some warez forums and they said that the warez release doesn't have a resolution option either, and that's supposed to be the final release. O well.

6. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

I find this funny, some people are complaining that you cannot increase the resolution and this guy is asking for a way to lower the resolution. This just shows you, you can’t please everyone.

P.S. Ogre this is not meant to be a insult, your reason is valet. I’m just pointing something out to everyone else, that's all.

7. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Ha..ha That dead ogre in the first scene that is the greatest nick I have scene. this could be from lack of sleep, but welcome to this fair forum. :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-08-04 23:10 ]</font>

8. That dead ogre in the fir

Heh, thanks colonel. Yeah i should be here more regularly whe the official game hits shelves if it's got a way to lower resolution.

9. Calis

Calis Member

10. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

Demo difficulties

Which mode are you playing in? Normal or safe mode?

Our Host!