LORE Team Presents....

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Lore Development Team, Jun 27, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

On behalf of the LORE Modulation Team we'd like to announce that at this very minute were uploading the .zip file with the Dungeon of Tactics Demo V1.0! From the included Readme file:

***Developers Notes***

-The demo includes a brief run-through the first floor of The Dungeon of Tactics and a sneak-peek at the Delnar Forest and Village.
    -Features FEW items.
    -Quests arent implemented yet. But expect them.
    -Some areas are blocked off, such as near the medic station there are two NPC's named Rock Surveyors, these ARE quest NPC's but the quests are deactivated in the Demo.

***Developers Notes last taken 6-27-02***

It will be available VERY soon from now. Keep checking http://lmcenter.tripod.com for updates!

(Now, we cannot promise it will be here today but most likely tommorow! The damned fools at Tripod have their service in a bad condition. Hopefully the upload will complete! Take care!)

LORE Modulation Community
    Lead Creator,

Nicholas Freedman

EDIT: Oops forgot. Our Co-Admin has a Geocities! .zip file storing account. The demo of Dungeon of Tactics is now available for play. Good luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, so it seems that the website

http://www.geocities.com/ghallant_the_c ... moV1.1.zip

which contains the module is not available for viewing
    this is an "Unfortunate Affair" indeed
    please check on this for it is very urgent that all of us may enjoy your masterpiece

3. Lore Development Team

Hmmm

I appoligise but it seems Geocities! has technical difficulty. I'm looking into this right now.

4. Lore Development Team

http://www.geocities.com/ghallant_the_c ... oTV1.0.zip

That is the correct address. If that does not work please contact LoreTeam@hotmail.com. Thank you!

--------
    Lore Administrator
    Nicholas Freedman

EDIT: Ok something is wrong with Geocities. I'm looking into this now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT 2: The LORE Team read over Geocities! amd learned that to have a .zip file DL'd it had to be put on a page, not a direct link. You must now go to:

http://www.geocities.com/ghallant_the_crusader/

There is a link there that you must click to start DL'ing the module. Thank you for the feedback and reporting. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Nicholas Freedman

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

6. Lore Development Team

Hmmm

Hold on...lemme check the file.

EDIT: I recieved no problem with it. You HAVE to use WinZip Wizard and extract the file into the desktop. That will make the folder with the .dat file and readme file on the desktop.

Thank you for the help!

Sincerely,

Nicholas Freedman

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think you guys should stop messing around, its empty. if you want us to try your mod you have to give it to us. just admit it, your demo mod isn't complete yet :evil:

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

*DU puts on his nasty treatment hat, grabs his sledge hammer and gets ready to deal some harsh punishment*

First of all, stop talking like a punce (or is that poonce? I'm not sure). It's not working. Drop the salesman act. The sooner the better.

Secondly, the link doesn't work. Full stop, end of sentence. I don't care if others have gotten it to work, if it don't work for the Underlord, it don't work. When I DID get the link, I got an empty 0 kb zip file. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it *might* have something to do with the file name. It's called Blahblah.0.zip That extra full stop before the 0 might be causing problems. It may not be too, but it might be. Rename the file, perhaps using an underscore "_" instead of a "." and see if that works.

Thirdly, e-mail the mod to me, I've e-mailed you with the address I want you to send it to. To be honest, I'm not interested in fucking around trying to get a dodgy link to work.

Fourthly, I'm not expecting much from the mod. I have doubts about the abilities of a team of people who can't get their mod uploaded to a site correctly. Feel free to fix it and prove me wrong.

*DU takes off his hat, throws it on the hat stand and puts his sledge back in the cupboard*

9. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

well said darkunderlord, i couldn't have said it better

10. Lore Development Team

DarkUnderlord,

Thank you for the help. We recieved some emails. Its not our fault. Its GeoShitties!. I suggest never putting that cap back on again. Were trying hard and I'd like to also say your post was pretty immature and I refuse to send a hard-worked on module to someone who acts so immaturely because Geocities! is having technical difficulties. We will gladly proove you wrong. For now though we need to find a site that CAN host our file.

Guest,

We do have a demo and you will see the work we put into it. Give it some time friend, Arcanum wasnt made in a day you know.

Sinerely,

Co-Admin of LORE Modulation
    Ghallant

11. Lore Development Team

We'd also like to comment that Hotmail.com wants the LORE Modulation team to signup for a 10 MB account so we can send files up to 10 MB. Right now we can only send files under 3 MB. Sadly, our module demo is over 6 MB. Email LoreTeam@hotmail.com with any suggestions you may have. Please help us find a site to upload our module too. Without any support we basically have nothing. Take care!

Sincerely,

LORE Modulation Team

12. DarkUnderlord

That's good to hear.

You really should check those things out before you announce, you know.

*DU grabs the cap and starts waving it around*

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The link doesn't work indeed.
    I hope we'll be able to download it soon.
    Just one thing though : I don't really understand what is the goal of this demo. The quests are not implemented ! What do you want us to test ?
    Good luck anyway !!!

Triblonto,
    http://arcanumlab.free.fr

14. Lore Development Team

At this very moment Guest were working on a FaQ for Dungeon of Tactics. Why arent quest implemented? Quests require more memory and if it becomes too big too soon it might give too many spoilers. Whats the point of the module? To see if you can make it through. Dungeon of Tactics features a huge 8 floor dungeon filled with Traps, Monsters, Hired Killers, Betrayers, and it extremely complicated unless the player has some kind of tactic. We gurantee you that your mind will be buzzing over and over and may start to hurt because this module IS complicated. Also- in Dungeon of Strategy, the dungeon has an entirely different layout and requires players to come up with some kind of a strategy.

Example: In Dungeon of Strategy players find the dungeon, go in, and see theres tons of different paths that are useable. In Dungeon of Strategy theres only one path only with hundreds and hundreds of more monsters. As said in the walkthrough, the goal of the demo is to get to the Medic Station where the portal to the second floor is located, but to do so, players need the key in order to get to the Medic Station, the key is on one of the corpses in a trapped room full of spiders. Players have THREE Dynamite sticks and must use them without being seen to kill the spiders. However, in Dungeon of Strategy, players have to use their minds to get the needed items to work. The entire thing is very confusing.

Now,

DarkUnderlord,

You might had written AMTUT but I completely will not let you disrespect me or my team. You've spent months on a Tutorial that isnt even complete yet. If perhaps you got along with people better you could organise an AMTUT team and have them help you, but to do that you have to burn that nasty hat and throw that sledge hammer into your nearest lake. I'll be expecting an appoligy at LoreTeam@hotmail.com. Take care in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Freedman
    LORE Tam Administrator

15. HexRei

HexRei New Member

The ZIP IS EMPTY. Ok? I downloaded from your page, it downloaded *instantly*, and appeared as a 4k zip file. I have tried Winzip, WinRAR, ZipMagic, and Windows explorer zip extension and it comes up as empty for them ALL. This is because the file contains no data. Even two or three .dlg and .scr files would be larger than 4k.
    Sorry, but there is clearly a problem here- maybe your site is having some kind of issue and unpacking the zip. But it does NOT work.

Is there ANYONE who has downloaded this successfully? Would you guys be willing to AIM or ICQ this to someone who has a real web provider to upload to?

16. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

I believe you guy should stop wasting our time and just admit it, your module is not done!

17. DarkUnderlord

Dear Nicholas Freedman, LORE Tam Administrator (Your spelling, not mine),

I am most sincerely sorry for any disrespect that I may have brought upon you or your team. I accidentally mistook the person whom I was in contact with as a member of your team and for that, I must apologise. That is why I arrogantly spoke to you the way I did about e-mailing me your module. However, surely you must understand that when a modding team appears on the scene that claims to have been around for over 3 years and yet, has no work to show for it, most people will become skeptical, especially when the link doesn't work.

Furthermore, to claim to have spent months on a module that can't even be downloaded by ANYONE adds even more suspicion. Particularly when the module seems to be little more than yet another boring hack 'n slash. Excuses that "Quests require more memory and if it becomes too big too soon it might give too many spoilers" really do not go down well, especially when you're talking to people that KNOW that the only thing that makes a module considerable in size are maps and end game slides. For example, the total size of my Grayhills module (like the alpha, only with another 10 or so quests) is 2 meg. That has over 20 rather complex quests in it now. I seriously doubt all those quests are adding any memory problems.

For your information, an Amtut team was discussed quite some time ago (long before you appeared on the scene) and it became apparent that those who DO know what they're doing are too busy working on their own modules and lack the time and devotion required to work on a tutorial. I believe that is a lesson that you shall soon learn, when you realise that the only people who offer to help with your project all say that they don't know anything about scripting, but would like to come up with "k3wl quest ideas 'n stuff lol!1!!111!!".

Now, perhaps if you didn't act like such a prick, I might be more kind to you. Further to that, if your download ACTUALLY WORKED I might be even MORE kind to you. So far in this thread however, you have done nothing but tell us WE have a problem. When told the download didn't work, you accused us and said it was OUR fault and that we must be stupid because we don't know how to use WinZip. I assure you, kind sir, that as I said before, the module doesn't work. I honestly don't care whether it is geocitties, or whether it is your fault because you can't make a zip archive. All I'd like is for the problem to be rectified as soon as possible. I can certainly understand your frustration at not being able to have the link work.

To that extent, I AM, believe it or not, trying to help you. I am in discussions with the host of this site in an attempt to get an old sub-site re-hosted again. That sub-site enabled people to upload their modules as they have finished them onto this sites server. Enabling others to download the module and even to add their own reviews and opinions about the module. However, the person who ran the sub-site has not been in touch yet and as such, it may take some time before the site is re-established, if it is re-established at all.

If you would like to discuss the possibility of me uploading the mod to my own site (which is well within my possibilities) then feel free to contact me on darkunderlord@hotmail.com As you are well aware, hotmail does not allow large attachments so you obviously can not send the module to that address. However, from that, I can give you my private e-mail address which I use to handle people's modules, and, if you so choose, you can send me your module and I can upload it to a server. If you do not wish to do this, that is fine by me.

I wish you all the best and hope you take care in your future endeavors.

DarkUnderlord
    -------------------
    Moo... Moo... I'm a Troika cow.
    The GOD of all things WorldEd.
    Fan Made Fallout: Project Leader.

18. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I feel offended...

P.S. I learned scripting and dailog editing last night :p

19. Lore Development Team

We have been working on our LORE: Fellowship of Bale module since November. The Dungeon of Tactics and Dungeon of Strategy began development about a week before we registered our name here. Multiple people have access to this login name. Read my other post. As for "Newbies" wanting to help, we arent newbies. The module were making doesnt have "Ub3r l33t scripts". Its your basic RPG Module. Also- many of the members of LORE play an online game called EverQuest. Our Co-Admin for the Modulation Community is the leader of the LORE guild on one of the EverQuest servers.

Also- we will be setting up a chat room for either Yahoo! or mIRC for an interview. If your willing to host the chatroom, any of you, please contact us: LoreTeam@hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Freedman
    LORE Team Lead

20. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Anyway... I have webspace. If you will AIM or ICQ (or email) me the mod, I can host it for you... assuming there is anything to host :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!