ENGLAND 1 - 0 ARGENTINA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ioo, Jun 9, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Even though I don't watch much sports, I can assure ya that baseball and american football are the worst sports in history. 8)

2. Notharah

Notharah New Member

I have to agree with you on that one.
    Unless you count CURLING :puke: as a sport :wink:

3. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

That is of course because both of you are panty waist mama's boys. Football boring! Ha you are simply to weak to play and are thus jealous.

4. scoobydoo4prezz

scoobydoo4prezz New Member

5. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

(Aims a cruise missile in fatmans direction.) Are you mad? Would you go cheering france if your team fell out? Did you say "hurray france" when they won last time? (pushes the great big red button)

Footbal can be boring to watch but sometimes it is just more fun than anything.

Is not american footbal just a bad eksuse for a lot of men to bang together? :p
    "The reason that americans(from usa) don't like footbal is that they are not good at it"
    BTW: Denmark-france 2-0 the last world champions is falling out :)

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

*catches the missile*

*unscrews the top and removes the dangerous bits*

*gives it back to Qilikatal to play with*

I was quite glad when France won last time. They deserved it and play a good game. If England go out, I'll probably support the USA if they're still in, an African team (underdog appeal) if not. Failing that I'll support the team with the best attitude. It's just a game, after all. I doubt I'll be supporting a team that knocks England out, since it would be disloyal, but that's about as far as it goes.

I was joking about Sweden, though. I used to live with a Finnish girl, so I am aware that Scandanavia is not a single place.

7. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

I always wondered where the money comes from in soccer? The only ads are that tiny sponsored by ad in the corner with the score and time. I think if the US makes it to the 2nd round and doesn't get beat too badly it will be safe to assume the US is a second rate soccer country, rather than third.
    Oh and joy of joys le blue is out!!!!! the first champions to be bounced in the first round since '66 HAAAAAAA.

8. Notharah

Notharah New Member

I cheer along with you threedogs.... FRANCE IS OUT, YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Well you see that very very many people insist on seeing every game. they see them on tv, tv pays a humonguos amount of money to FIFA to be allowed to play, also every single company sends comercials who says that they sponsor FIFA (or the fotball team). put together with all of the products that is beeing sold in conection with soccer and so on and you are rich.

Support sweden? Only quislings supports sweden.
    Did anyone see that danish judge who deleted two of italias goals the other day? I would love to se him on a vication in italy

10. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

actually the players are rich, most clubs loose money. So Qil are you saying there are commercials during league games?

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

No. but between the games and in the brackes there is plenty.

12. Sheriff Fatman

In Britain, the Leagues are sponsored. So, you you always hear "The Carling Premier League."

Then there are the TV rights and season ticket sales. They're worth quite a bit.

Most small clubs have patrons, but the big clubs rake in a hell of a lot of money from merchandising primarily. When you think they change their kits once a year, and each kit comprising several articles of clothing, each selling for quite a bit of cash, it soon mounts up.

13. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

S_F is the whole country going to close down tomarrow for the game. Thought I read somewhere the world cup was going to cost the U.K. several billion pounds in lost productivity. :eek:

14. Sheriff Fatman

While it is true many people will stay in to watch the game (7.30 am to 9.30 ish), and other will watch it at work instead of their usual activity, I doubt there'll be any reduction in productivity.

Take out all the people who come in late for work everyday or who sleep at their desks, or whose work is of such low standard it requires doing again twice just to fix, and you'll probably have a net rise.

15. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

16. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

An interesting statistic yoined from the Official World Cup page at Yahoo...

Every time France and Denmark have faced off together in an official tournament, the winner of the game has gone on to win the tournament...that's since 1987 or so...pretty amazing huh?

Seeing as Denmark beat France 2-0, I now have kind of high hopes for them :D. I'm also laughing that France didn't score a single goal in the tournament...and that before the World Cup, every time Zinedine Zidane played for France, they never lost.

18. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Group of "Death" more like groupe of teams that can't score more than one goal per fucking game. Eng 0 Nig 0 so god damn I stay up late to watch the game and Eng gives up going for the win ten minutes into the second half. Wait a minute why do I care? Guess I am looking around for a new sport The NBA is forever out. Stragnly enough I also don't think Soccer is as boring as I used to. There is a lot to be said for a sport that doesn't have TV timeouts.

19. Dennis Moore

Dennis Moore New Member

Fun fact: in the beginning of the 90’s US TV corporations pressured FIFA to change football rules to allow intervals each 15 minutes.
    About football: that’s why each goal is very important, most teams rely heavily on their defense. Hence the great expectation every time and the outburst on critical shoots. In basketball it’s points… points… points the final score is 989 vs 1029.
    Crap! You made me discuss football! It’s one of the most boring subjects I can think of, among with all other sports (in the non-Shakespearean sense). –insert here emoticon committing seppuku-

20. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

A Brazillian who doesn't like soccer.... even if you hadn't told me I would now know you are commie. :eek:

Our Host!