racism against mages!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by legolas, Apr 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. legolas

legolas New Member

in tarant all these people kicked me out of their store because im a mage , errrrr . and i wanted this armor from this guy too

2. VoidVector

VoidVector New Member

There are prejudice against technologists, too. If you haven't figure out, in the world of Arcanum, magic and technology does not merge very well.

3. legolas

legolas New Member

4. VoidVector

VoidVector New Member

Try talk to the mage store keepers as a high tech character (75+ tech aptitude), they will just ask you to leave.

If you are elf, then some place have prejudice against you even if you have low magic aptitude.

Train and streamrail are products of technology, so magic dude supposedly can "break" them.

5. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

When I talked to that leader mage in Tulla (I forgot his name) he was disgusted that Nasrudin would use a technologist as his messenger. I asked him if I could use the teleporters he said "It would prove deadly at best", so of course I tried anyway. It didnt work though. Lousy anti-tech mages, I should burn Tulla to the ground...

6. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Here is what you do if you are in a shop that is not friendly towards your character. Keep talking to the shopkeep. Always choose the taunting dialogue options. Eventually they will get pissed and attack you. Kill them and then loot their store. A very inexpensive way to outfit your group.

7. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

Vlads right, thats the only way to do it. I usally smack the dwarven smithy in tarrant as soon as I reach 75 magic. He usally has about $20,000 on him and you can sell what you dont need for about $5,000. As long as you don't start the fight, its ok. I got all the best stuff and about $37,00 this way now.

8. Bralkein

Bralkein New Member

Heh, but if you're a mage, why the hell would you want to use the train anyway? Just max conveyance :wink:

9. SteveTheERB

SteveTheERB New Member

hoof it

Why not just use the ol' heal-toe express (i.e. walk it). With dogs and mages not being allowed on trains and all the fun monsters to kill in the wilderness esp. the Hand thugs and orc barbarians just lining up to be slaughtered (how many "ruffians" and "dark individuals" does the Hand have to keep losing them to me. For a secret society they seem to have a lot of members).

I have yet to see any quest with a time limit so there's really no downside to walking anywhere.

10. KAmbrose

KAmbrose New Member

And Besides...

Even though money isn't a problem in the game, it's kinda satisfying to know that my quest is funded by the Molochian Hand. (or at least the looted corpses of the Molochean Hand) :smile:

11. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Our Host!