Ubern00b that needs uber help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Numeris, Mar 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Numeris

Numeris New Member

My friend and I have been playing Arcanum since yesterday and there is two things that I cant seem to understand.

1. How in the living crap can I identify things?!?! There is no scroll or spell that I can use but then again I have played way to much Diablo and Baldurs Gate ^_^

2. When playing multiplayer,when I die I cannot respawn. Is this supposed to happen? Also I cannot save my multiplayer character so is it gonna be everytime I die I must start over?!

I am sorry for such idiotic questions but my friend and I are stumped!

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i don't know anything about multiplayer, sorry... as for identifying things, you can either buy scrolls with the spell at any general store (wouldn't recommend it), you can put points into the divination college of magic until you learn the spell to identify things (wouldn't recommend that one, either, from what i hear, the college is useless), or you can do what everybody does:

outside of every major town/city/village/metropolis of any kind, there's a gypsy who you can pay 100 gold to identify an item...

if you don't mind losing money, you can sell an item to anyone, once it hits their inventory, it's identified, but they'll mark up the price if you want it back...

i think i covered all the options, if not, feel free to give me a smack...

and...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!! :wavey:

3. Numeris

Numeris New Member

If it might help...its in Multiplayer LAN. I havent tried Mplayer internet yet. Is there a difference in respawning?

4. kcwong

kcwong New Member

The respawn problem is already covered in the game manual... but I'll repeat it here.

btw if you hate the manual because it has no table of content, you can find one on the T-A main site.

If you died in a single player game, if no followers of yours can revive you (either by tech or magic), the game is over.

If you died in a multiplayer game, you stay dead - until someone revive you, or until you leave the game. Or you can leave the game and rejoin - if the game host and the game session's setting allows that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kcwong on 2002-03-25 14:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kcwong on 2002-03-25 14:07 ]</font>

5. Brand

Brand New Member

I had a ton of them damned scrolls, all stolen, but they were useless.

6. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

In multiplayer if you die either you must get someone to resurrect you. in vormantown there are loads of scrolls in a chest at the elf place. if no-one resurects you (they all died) then you have to quit, you lose all your items but start with the product of every learned schematic you have, and how to make any found schematics you've bought. You have to start all the quests again.

7. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

Usless scrolls Humm??? Then sell them you can get quite a bit for them, so they are not totally usless.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

They are fairly useless in multiplayer because the shopkeepers run out of money really quickly and then you have to wait AGES for them to get more (no sleeping/waiting in multiplayer).

9. Notharah

Notharah New Member

So what do you do in that lost time then? (I never played multiplayer)

Our Host!