How do I get Mannox quest !!!??!!?!?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

2. cassidy

cassidy New Member

How do you get this Mannox quest??? I just completed the tomb of Nasrudin Quest....I don't remember any quest related to Mannox. I got the skull, checked the tomb(writings..etc), gave it to the Archeologist, talked to the historian and finally talked to Alexander.....

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I found the tome before I got the quest..... Go through the sewers my friends.... Ummm... WHat EXACTLY is your quest?

4. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

OK,I think I figured it out.It has to do with that coordinates in Rosenbrough.Hmmnnn..
    But I don't know what than nimbers are(i.e. SW 45,SE 50)I know what the words are(south-west,south-east...),But this numbers...
    And I figured meaning of "opposite".BUT THiS NUMBERS!!!!

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Ahhh... You're looking at that stone in um.. WHatever that place is called.. ROseborough or something? Yeah, I never got that either... I never did figure out what those numbers were for.

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Once I found the first one the numbers made sense. Never did hit it perfect but I got close enough to find it.

7. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

8. Gladius

Gladius New Member

Why don't you look in Terra Arcanum's Quest Bank? It is perfectly described there.
    Btw, Otto Krupp, why are you speaking in riddles and don't say how to complete it when you know the solution? Do you think you are funny? You remind me that elf in Stillwater who knew location of Quintarra. I was tempted to kill him, too...

9. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Simple Gladius. Feldon and I were trying to give him hints so he could solve it on his own. Even though its just a stupid little computer it gives a small sense of acomplishment when you solve a puzzle without resorting to cheats/walkthroughs.

Anyone who wants the answers the easy way can just use a walkthrough. Personally I don't see the point in paying for a game and then letting someone else play it for you by proxy. Seriously can you really claim you "beat" a game if you use a walkthrough? The only thing you did was push buttons and move your character around while letting someone else do all the thinking for you.

10. Gladius

Gladius New Member

Yeah, but when you are stuck with a quest that prevents you from advancing further in the game, you want to QUICKLY find answer for your problem on the Internet so that you can continue playing. And I think it is better to look in the walkthrough once or twice than to leave the quest unfinished.

11. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

St. Mannox isn't neccessary to finish the game.

Getting stuck is part of the game. Thats where you get a lot of sense of accomplishment. You've "outsmarted" the game/designers. Getting the answer from somewhere is the same as cheating, you've taken the easy way out.

12. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Hey,hey! Calm down you two! I figured 90% of that quest and I need to know only what are those numbers.I mean,where I need to go if it says: south-west 30. What is 30?? A degree? Coordinate?

13. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I am calm, merely expressing my opinion.

It should be obvious that the numbers aren't map coordinates as they don't use SE,SW,NE,NW.

Keeping with the riddle trend think of pirate treasure maps:)

14. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

You mean "steps". No.30 means 30 steps??
    Oh my......

15. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

16. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

OK,I figured that out,but what that "step" realy is? Example: 30 SW - is that 30 days travelling to SW ,or, is it 30 mm on a map?

17. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You'll need a ruler to solve the Quest. Hopefully you have a flat screen, but if you don't, you can use a tailor's measuring tape. Put the ruler or tape against the screen and measure off each number, in centimeters, in the appropriate direction.

Our Host!