Can't find this info by searching posts, so...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by llou, Feb 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. llou

llou New Member

I'm either not doing something I'm supposed to be doing, bugged, or in need of MY mental stats increased!
    This is my brothers game---I've been bugging him for 2 weeks for the manual and he said he lent it out and hasn't been able to get it back---thank god for this board!
    He's also almost never around to ask any questions
    I'm at level 25--I see the +/- signs on either side of St, ch, etc ( like most RPG games)in the character window--every time I have clicked + or - for ANY stat, I get the message that I don't have enough character points? Am I bugged??? I have never changed a single stat! Someone please solve this for me.
    Thank you

2. kcwong

kcwong New Member

When did that happen?

You will receive Character Point (CP) only when:

1. Creating a new character - 5 CPs will be given.

2. After you level up - normally 1 CP only, but at level divisible by 5, you get 1 extra.

You must spend all 5 CPs when creating characters, but after that you can save up your CPs and use them any time you like (but why would anyone do that?).

So here's what I think of your problem:

Check the upper part of the character information screen - there should be a indicator telling you how many CPs you have.

You're hit the max. value. For different race the max. value of attributes are different. While an half-orge can have 25 in ST, he cannot have that much in IN. Same goes for other races. Backgrounds also modify your attributes' max. value.

You're using the + of the skills panel. Try move your mouse over the + sign of a skill... there should be text in the text window (bottom of screen) telling you the requirement of increasing that skill.

e.g. First rank (1/5 section of the red bar) requires 1 CP and a minimum of 6 in a related attribute, second rank requires another CP and a minium of 9 in a related attribute, etc.

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Check TA site for Arcanum manual in either .PDF or .txt format. Download it and give your brother a finger :grin: Just kidding - he could delete your savegames.

4. llou

llou New Member

Tell me if this is normal...every time a level up, the game assigns either a raise to a stat or skill on it's own...maybe this is why I never have had any CPs to assign?

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

you need to change your auto leveller scheme to off (or something like that)

6. llou

llou New Member

GOT IT---I FEEL SOOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!
    MANY THOSE POINTS SPENT DIFFERENTLY THAN I WANTED!

THANK YOU!

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

want to know how to get all points where you want them?..... start a new game and do it better

8. kilnar

kilnar New Member

I often save several CPs when I'm just before crucial points in various quests. That way I can save the game, put the points into a stat/skill needed and see if it's enough to accomplish it. If it's not, I usually reload and put them somewhere else and move on for a while, if there's other things I can do.

9. basset64

basset64 New Member

"You must spend all 5 CPs when creating characters, but after that you can save up your CPs and use them any time you like (but why would anyone do that?). "

I also do that just in case theres something coming up that I'll need them for.

Example: If i needed to pick pocket someone i would use my extra points to raise pick pocket.

Our Host!