What Is WITH Some Of The People On This Board??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Feb 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I dont mean this to be offensive and yes I know I probably put this in the wrong place.

But I notice, that when someone tries to help, they get yelled at for spamming to increase thier post count. But like the Hints and Tips series that ive been posting, I get ALOT of heat from doing that. Why is it that when someone tries to offer some help that could make someone elses gameing life a little easier, he/she gets ragged on. Like when Jinxed was here. And if he is still here then, sorry Jinxed. He was a smart guy, he seemed good at Arcanum. But I noticed that alot of people were mad at him saying that he had spammed to increase his post count. I even heard a rumor that Jinxed had spammed 2000 messages to increase his post count, while I dont believe that anyone could do that and still be able to post here, Its just amazing how much people who accually know something and want to help are given such a hard time. It seems that automatically, when a person sees a high post count, usually over 200, they AUTOMATICALLY think "Oh, he spams to get his post count high". Now I know that all of the members here dont have that mentality, im saying that some do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YeaYea2001 on 2002-02-06 03:48 ]</font>

2. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

I'm sorry man, didn't mean to offend you.

Just that I was jealous of you being known around here that I called you a spammer, 't was all in jest :smile:.

Feel better?

You did lose a lot of posts due to the downness :sad:

0:)

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

You wanted feedback fine here's your feedback. Don't post anymore of your "tips". Your tips have no value or however you want to phrase it. Especially the one for theives about wearing a disguise. The only time the game takes any notice to what your wearing is if your in your underwear you get a little opening dialogue or if you have on smoking jacket you get +20 reaction.

If you think you really have some worthwhile tips write a document and get it posted on the main site.

Oh BTW here's a tip for theives that exploits a pretty big loophole in the game and will make you feel like a dirty little cheater if you use it.

Stand inside the store and advance time to evening then again 2-4 hours. When the shopkeeper goes to his bedroom run in with him, one less locked door to deal with. The shopkeeper goes to sleep anyway despite the fact there is now a large group of people standing inside his bedroom. Hit prowl, you don't even with 0 rank and you won't go past Perilous on a sleeper. Now pickpocket and rob at your leisure. You need at least 3 ranks pickpocket and Expert to have a decent chance of getting their equipped items. You need 3 ranks Lockpicking and Expert to clean out Shrouded Hills and 4 ranks for the shops in Tarant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-06 07:34 ]</font>

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Well.....I wanted critizisum but I never counted on this. But anyways, this is a public forum and I can post what I please, within certain restrictions, and if this bothers you. Instead of bitching about it, dont look at it.

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

7. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

8. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

Otto Should Chill.

Your tips are helpfull & nice. If he has a problem with that he should go away and troll another board.

After All, if no-one posted anything this board would die and that would be a shame.

9. Lethran

Lethran New Member

If I have no interest in a topic, I simply don't read it. If I am interested, I do. I see no reason to be rude on a forum like this. I'm grateful for so many people giving prompt help when I need it.

BTW If you are female, you get a big negative reation if you waer dread armor. Even your followers don't like it.

10. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I dont see why, you practically have your chest bare when you wear dread armor

11. Odi

Odi New Member

The few times I have noticed anything along these lines is when the poster is obviously only interested in "increasing their post count." i.e., I post a solution and you later post the identical solution. Post count means squat, unless you are stuck with this bow thing like you and I are.:wink:

At best, it might be mildly annoying. No biggie, man. Don't let the little stuff upset you. There is enough relative "stuff" in life more diserving of attention.

In the immortal words of Mel Brooks: "Badges? We don't need no steenkeen badges."

12. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

13. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

And a Merry Christmas to you too jerkweed

14. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

For awhile there you were averaging a post every two minutes. That has to be some kind of forum record.

15. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

quit it Otto.

of your humongous postcount, about half is complaining about YY's postcount - how sad is that?

Our Host!