New Mods

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by HELLDUST, Jan 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. HELLDUST

HELLDUST New Member

I just downloaded the new mods from troika
    and i was gonna try them out but it seems i have to create a new character.Is this true or am i overlooking a way to import my existing characters into the mods....Help me

2. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

i dont know about your question...
    i have to download them first
    where did you download them?

3. HELLDUST

HELLDUST New Member

4. Odi

Odi New Member

Yes, I had to create new characters. These are quickies (brief episodes), so this is not so much of a problem. The multiplay mods were....ok. You can use the multiplay as you would a singleplay mod, except you cannot save the game. You can however save your character and continue to play the episode. (die, host your network game, play, repeat) Your character does not loose levels (but does enter each game with only the starter stuff).

One of the single play mods is fubar'd or the entrance to the otherside of the maze is hidden better than these old eyes can find.

Personally, I was disappointed.

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

so you say it's not worth all the downloading?

6. Odi

Odi New Member

If your internet connection is no better than a rusty soup can and a piece of string, perhaps not. Playing the mods gave me something different to do lastnight. There are a few new monsters in the mods and Zeebo, a new follower, is cute.

7. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

well my connection is crappy...

isnt zeebo is a zomby?

8. Odi

Odi New Member

Yah, a tiny zomby with max'd melee. He kicks pretty good. The bummer was not having anyone to identify items. I learned before to never equip stuff unknowns; but in that scenerio, I did not find any other choice. I had to start over once because the blade I was *guessing* to be the right one, wasn't.

A touch that brought out a chuckle though was "Is Timmy in the well?" I played a half-ogre that time; but as usuall added one point on int to expand the initial dialogue options. I had to drink a bottle of wine to talk to "Lassie" in order to "open" or be able to access the passage through the well.

9. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

How do I select a mod to play? I dunno what category they're s'posed to be under on the starting menu.

10. Odi

Odi New Member

At the start of your game, select the "Options" menu. On that screen you will find a tab labeled "module" which lists that module currently selected. Hit the arrow tab to the left or right of "module" to find the one you wish to play. After this, select "done." Now choose "New Game" and pick a character (premade or your own design). The gamesaves will be only on that module, so no chance of confusion. Of course, in multiplay, there is no gamesave option.

Without being connected to the internet or a network, you may also play the multiplay mods. Just select "network" and later "host game." Take note of the options for setup and have fun.

Our Host!