A REALLY BIG Problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Jan 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

OK, I have the pelojian dude's amulet, and I know I have to wear it to step on the symbols around his pool, but......My personality is Magick Allergy, I cant wear the amulet. What do I do??

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

What happens when you try to put on the amulet?
    I think there's a patch for this problem.

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

It just says "You cannot wield any magickal items". Magic allergy prevents you from using ANY magick items and give a +10% bonus to tech skills I think

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I believe there's a patch that renders the amulet non-magical.

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

6. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Well, I just did several searches, and I can't find it. I don't use any patches.
    Surely somebody here knows. I'm certain this topic has come up before.
    Sorry I can't help. :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2002-01-04 18:54 ]</font>

7. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Ty, There must be a way to do it without the patch tho.

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Well, I read all the posts I could find dealing with the issue. Some people said you didn't have to actually wear the amulet. Others said you did. Maybe you'll just take damage from having the amulet in your inventory, but not using it. But I couldn't find a concrete answer, which pisses me off, 'cause I might want to use that background.

9. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

There MUST be a way to do it, why would Troika put it in if you couldnt finnish the game with it???

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

:lol:
    Sorry, I'm not laughing at you. It's just that your cry has been uttered by so many people, and about so many things in Arcanum.
    Let's face it: it's a big game, and there are some definite screw-ups. That's what the patches are for.
    "Why does the game keep asking me if I want to quit?!"
    "Why does Virgil the Dumbass turn into a wall?!"
    "Why am I suddenly in the middle of The Wastes, naked in front of an empty chest?!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2002-01-04 19:41 ]</font>

11. carlstar

carlstar New Member

"Why am I suddenly in the middle of The Wastes, naked in front of an empty chest?!"

that is one ive never heard of before. surley you jest feldon sir.

12. Luminal

Luminal New Member

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Good idea, Luminal! I'm so used to coming here for answers that it never occured to me to look elsewhere.

I wonder if they tell you which problems each patch fixes. I've read here that some patches are more trouble than they're worth. I figure I'll get a more honest answer in this forum than from the producer of the game.

carlstar -- once, after I did Weldo's little quest, and the file corrupted, I kept trying to continue. The screen flickered and I was in my skivvies in the desert with an empty chest. I kept trying to proceed and the game crashed (back to the desktop).

14. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Actually from what Ive read before, most of those patches enhance the game only(like removing the followers lvl cap) and cures only some but not all game messing problems. :sad2:

Ive downloaded all the patch but haven't tried the latest one since Im currently playing Civ3.. :minigun:

15. Cruor

Cruor New Member

No Carlstar, Feldon Kane does not kid about that bug!

It has happened to me and surely some others, it happens when you get a corrupt savegame lika when I managed to quicksave in a fight by some means and when I loaded there i stood naked with Virgil also naked in a green field with a chest next to us containing the things you can buy in the beginning when you configure your character! Got rather suprised, but fortunatly I hade a savegame not so long back!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cruor on 2002-01-06 10:50 ]</font>

16. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i can also confirm the existence of this particular bug, as one of my fav chars ended up in front of a chest naked

17. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I had a hard time with that puzzle, as I just used Unlocking Catrip to get the doors open.

18. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Ive never had the chest problem. And I looked at the patches, there is only 1 patch and I have it. I email them and asked them how I could fix it.

Our Host!