What I'd like to see in Arcanum II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrastus, Jan 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Adrastus

Adrastus New Member

-More character sprites/animations.

Everything looking like the same rifle/revolver/sword/axe is kinda bland. It'd be cool if the sprites just halfway represented the items being used. A good example of this is the trap detector gadget (which looks like a shield when equipped).

-More portraits to choose from.

-Different kinds of bullets.

It'd be nice to see shotgun shells, rifle shells, and handgun shells at least.

-Friendly Fire from grenades (I don't seem to be susceptible to my own grenades going off in my face).

-VASTLY decrease the Throwing penalty for unspecced characters. Even someone with zero points in throw should be able to throw in more or less straight lines. I've thrown things that went 45 degrees in the wrong direction (resmebling Monty Pythons Upper Class Twit of the Year contest).

-Better side quests. NPCs seeme to not be able to do ANYTHING for themselves. I'd like to see the NPCs doing more of their own thing instead of standing pretty much in the same spot forever and sending you out to empty their trash. You should meet NPCs in different places, their agendas should change from time to time.

-Vary the random encounters. There should be different dialogue in the randoms. They should be less frequent and more unique. The same Orc demanding 200 gold is kinda transparent.

-Use the same engine. SAVE TIME and use the same engine! It's good enough with some tweaking. Spend time making the existing engine better and on content.

-Add lycanthropy and Vamprisim.

Great game, can't belive it didn't get game of the year. Wizardry 8? Give me a break.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adrastus on 2002-01-04 07:04 ]</font>

2. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

I's like a better interface. Specifically one that uses up less screen real estate so I can see more of the game world. Higher resolutions would be nice. and definitly more variety in the random encounters with orcs and the molochian hand although i believe there's a mod out for that now, it would be good if that was already mixed into the deck.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Our Host!