Some Basic Questions -help!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by AsenathWaite, Dec 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. AsenathWaite

AsenathWaite New Member

O.K. I just started playing the game and I'm about 8th level now -however, I've never figured out how to cast a spell -or even to get spellcasting ability. The other thing I cannot figure out is how to use the "schematics" to build stuff like pure ore. If anyone could give me some instructions on this I would be eternally grateful. :smile:

2. Gabby_Jay

Gabby_Jay New Member

Welcome to the forums!
    Ok, to cast spells first: Make sure you HAVE a spell to cast.
    a) are you a premade character
    b) did you create your own
    If A, click the blue circle thin in the bottom right hand corner (by your fatigue). This will let you view all your spells. Schools of spells are small round buttons at the top, and the spells themselves will be large squares.
    If B, then do the same as A to check out if you have any spells. If you DON'T, then when you level, spend you character point on a spell. To do this, go to your character screen, and then click on the blue circle thing button again, choose a school of magic, and click on a spell to use. Hope this helps. As for schematics: don't REALLY know, but what I think is that you aquire the two items, and then go the orange button beside the magic one and press the big green button. Something like that (after you've learned the schematic, of course).

3. AsenathWaite

AsenathWaite New Member

Hmmm...

So you don't need scrolls? Or do you need scrolls for some types of spells? Are there restrictions on spellcasting when wearing armour?

4. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Welcome to the forum AsenathWaite! Spells contained in scrolls can only be casted once. Spells that you own can be casted many times. If the spell of a scroll needs to be mantained, it only can be mantained for 1 min. After that, the spell wears off. When you cast a spell which needs to be mantained though, you can mantain it as long as you have fatigue. There is 1 spell available only on scrolls: Scroll of Exiting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FluffyLittleRabbit on 2001-12-24 20:14 ]</font>

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

and about the armor thing...
    it doesnt affect your casting-spell skill...
    (but there is a machined platemail which is tech.)

6. Lycander

Lycander New Member

Our Host!