Game Problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Infector of Souls, Dec 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Infector of Souls

Infector of Souls New Member

I don't know if this is common, but for some reason my game keeps on asking me whether I want to quit the game. When I first load the character, it comes up with a are you sure you want quit box. then whenever I move a few steps it asks again or when I enter a battle. Then if I try to leave town my characters dot moves across the map a couple of centimters and the whole game quits. I doesn't happen to my other character files, just this one. Is there a way around this?

2. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem, and it made me totally crazy. I nearly stopped playing the game because of this fu**ing bug. Well, eventually I figured out how to solve it.
    You have to do this:
    Kopi your saves, which are in your save folder (in:
    sierra/arcanum/modules/arcanum/save). And paste them in a sef place. Uninstall your game, and then reinstall it.
    After this, start the game and try to click: load last save, which of course won't work since you have reinstalled the game (you do this because the game creates a save game folder).
    Now, exit the game.
    Next step will be to copy back the "save game" folder you placed in a safe place befor the uninstallation. Just right click on the folder, press copy, and then find the modules folder in the arcanum folder, and insert the save folder. The pc will ask you if you wan't to replece the exsisting save folder, say yes to all these questions.
    Now if you start the game again and try to load you will see all your saved games. Delete all your save games except the save before you started getting the problems.
    If you start from this save and save to a new file next time you save, everything should be in order.
    I'm not really english, so I'm not to good when it comes to writing. If you have any questions just ask.

3. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

I think patching the game is easier :smile:

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

It's happened to me sooooo many times. Now I save in three slots and at different times, so I'll have a chance of retrieving an uncorrupted file.
    Sometimes just exiting the game and then restarting solves the problem. Usually not, though. :sad:

5. Infector of Souls

Infector of Souls New Member

I can understand your writing and Thanks people for your help, for a minute there I thought this character was screwed.

Our Host!