Problem related to stringy pete and vooriden.. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Tommyz, Dec 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

quite early in the game (when I got the quest of killing all the kree-people and returning the statue from the altar there) I discovered Vooriden. The priest there asked me to find some special stone in a place called torin(i think). So I brought the priests servant, traveled there and picked up ONE large stone, since that was all i could find. Later in the game I meet stringy pete (the ghost pirate) who told me to complete three tasks for him. I completed the first (tresure thing) and the last (sword-in-furnace thing), but the repair of vooridens altar was not registerd as completed by stringy. I also found out that it is impossible to make a sacrifice to the God who belongs to this altar. When I click on the altar it sais: "there is something written, but the altar is to broken to read it", or something like that. The altar looks perfect, I mean that I can't see anything wrong with it just by looking. What shall I do to make stringy pete satisfied? Is there something more that needs to be done? Please help me.

Thank you.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

it's a bug. Nothing more. If you do the quest before stingy gives it to you, it gets broken

3. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

Did you actually complete the quest or does the servant still have the stone. If not, and you can't find the stone, you might want to try one of the boulders in ashbury.

4. Winuz

Winuz New Member

if you still want to complete the stringly pete quest. kill him. he is very good, but if you kill him take his boat and the equpment he has. its very good, only arcane.

5. Odi

Odi New Member

Yeah, Pete and his crew are pretty tough. Next time I play a half ogre or battle mage I might try again.:deadly:

6. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

HeHe!!! I killed them all. some harm, and some wall of force did the trick. It took a long time, but it was worth the effort.

7. Odi

Odi New Member

This time I'm running a techno dwarf educator. The option to train up followers is never there; however it appears when I hit Expert, they automatically hit Apprentice if the appropriate points have been auto applied. Hoping when I hit Master they will become experts in those same fields. They'll need at least that in melee/dodge to tangle with Pete's crew.

8. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

stay in turn based mode to kill pite. and his slaves will never appear!

9. Odi

Odi New Member

Ahhh, I just might do that. ty:)

Our Host!