So... How is going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethmage, May 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

I know useless post, but anybody has contacts with Sierra? How this translation coming along?
    After playing demo most of us grew inpatient, and waiting until September it is loooong way. Well if nobody knows anything I'm just crawl back into my hole and wait for Throne of Bhaal.

2. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Its the end of may, hrrm lesse 3 months is that hard to wait? Good grief man

3. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I think three months is a fair bit of time to wait considering the limited scope of the demo. The one good thing about it though is it gives a person a chance to try out quite a few of the different backgrounds that you may not have normally tried if you had the full game sitting in front of you.

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Yeah but I mean... do you know how long I waited for RA2 which was a complete dud? a year and a half! No demo! no beta!

Cmon people 3 months aint that long

5. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

**looks at the guy, shakes head, no words will do justice to this heresy**

6. Blunder

Blunder New Member

As some of us have been made aware and others have found out by now, it isn't even a three month wait anymore. August 21. That's only 2 3/4 months. :smile: :grin:

7. Zen

Zen New Member

The danger is that you`ll have exhausted all the character development fun, when the game comes out. I feel that some of the enjoyment in RPG`s is to squirm over wich attributes or skills to put your points into, and if you know exactly how to spend your cps for a perfect character, that takes something vital out of the game in my oppinion. I like the character to evolve with the things and probs he encounter..may seem like bogus to the rest of you, but that just me speaking my mind. :smile:

- Zen

8. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

I feel that is what an RPG is about being someone else and being able to know how to develop a charector into what you want him to be is what a game is about as well as seeing how he adapts or changes with the story/enviromeny.

9. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Zen, remember Jason’s journals? He went way far in the game and got surprised more than couple of times, do not make the presumptions based on the first city. I agree thou when the game will finally get shipped we will have our characters ready for more explorations. But still I’m pretty sure most of us will drop already planed character and start the game from the beginning.

10. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I still haven't exhausted all the possibilities so how can anyone say that they have?

11. Blunder

Blunder New Member

In the time that is left until gold comes, I can't see someone exhausting all of the different possibilities for char creation. There are also a lot of options I see being tried with some chars, but with this just being a demo and only a few people in one town to try certain skills on, you don't have a lot of room to see how a skill could really develop so it was dropped and something else used instead.

IE someone tries persuasion and can't see anything useful happening with it so they switch to haggle instead.

If all a person plays is one certain type of character such as a dwarven thief gunslinger for example, then there would be a finite number of ways in which this char could be optimally developed and you would get bored with it after a while.

I've been maxing out my chars as I've been playing. That is mostly to see what kind of damage can be dealt at the higher ends and it can be quite impressive.

12. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I like to play with various skills like I tried having a character with high intelligence and schematics, quite interesting

13. Zen

Zen New Member

Ok I get the point. But I still harbour my own oppinions and I stick to them. Therefor I probably won`t max my characters out, but rather try out a few different chars just to get an average feel of the game..But when the game comes out I`ll be just as hardcore as anyone else!

- Zen

14. Knicitta

Knicitta New Member

I did contact Sierra, and they were not helpful in anyway shape or form, heres what happened:

Hello, I wonder if you can help me. I am the owner (my husband is co-owner) of a UK fan based site dedicated to arcanum, we live in the UK and realised that there wasnt any UK sites available, which is why we set one up. I was wondering if we could get a statement or small write up on the current status of Arcanum? How are the translations going? Are they far along? Any chance of the release date being brought forward, or has it been movd back?

My Mum always said, if you dont ask, you dont get an answer :smile:

Thank you for your time

Knicitta
    (owner of http://www.ArcanumWorld.co.uk)

And their reply was:

Hello,

You would need to call the main office at ***-***-**** for more help
    with this.

pshhhh, I am not about to start making international phone calls. I think that this was very rude of Sierra to even suggest such an idea when I had allready told them my geographical location.

:evil:

http://www.ArcanumWorld.co.uk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knicitta on 2001-06-01 07:00 ]</font>

15. Calis

Calis Member

Again, I think you just e-mailed the wrong people at Sierra about this. You can't e-mail tech support and expect them to handle PR, you know.

16. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

I'm sorry about annoying you but It's terribly rude to just jump into a conversation and change the subject instantly but your quite right.

17. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Yeah tech support is only good for one thing, wasting your money and time

18. Knicitta

Knicitta New Member

I didnt email tech support, I emailed the webmaster and asked if the email could be forwarded to the relevant department, and I didnt change the subject, the opening thread was 'Has anyone contacted Sierra'

:evil:

http://www.ArcanumWorld.co.uk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knicitta on 2001-06-01 11:59 ]</font>

19. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Hey Knic -
    If you want to give me that number, I'll give them a call for you. It stinks the way they've jerked you around, but at least you'd have an answer. Just pm me w/ the number and the questions you want answered.
    ~Aldin

20. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

try to email Guy Welch or Adam Kahn.

it might just do' it for you. :)

Our Host!