Throwing Master Quest Workaround?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by donnybay, Dec 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. donnybay

donnybay New Member

Hello,

I saw in other forum posts that there is a bug in Arcanum similar to the one I've experienced.

I spoke to Clarissa in Blackroot and didn't accept the Throwing Master Quest right away. When I came back later she gave me the quest but did not mark the location on the world map.

I looked up the location in the Location Guide on this site and travelled there. Nothing but trees. I checked every tree and enclosed grove in a 10 tree/grove radius but there was nothing. I went to a site which had a screenshot of K'na Tha and there sure ain't nothing like that on my map.

So I think my game is bugged and K'na Tha only shows up if the location is marked.

I've progressed far enough in the game so I don't want to start from the beginning again. So I'd like some kind of workaround so I can get Azram's Star and fulfill the quest.

If there is a World map editor or another hack to make K'na Tha appear, that would be best. Otherwise hacking a shop keeper's inventory or character inventory to add Azram's Star would be fine too, though I'd miss out on the dungeon.

I'd be thankful for any help. This is the best Arcanum discussion forum I've seen.

2. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

This happens to me once too, I believe Kna tha appears only when the elven areas where already available to u, otherwise it won't show. You may try the inventory hack in the site, maybe it will work or the game editor also in the site....

Im sorry, if im of not much of a help.... :sad:

3. Squish

Squish New Member

I haven't had her not mark my map as long as I was elegible for training. I have also received this quest WAY near the beginning of the game, far before having access to areas on the other side of the mountains. She talks about the star whether or not you have the ability to learn throwing mastery, but she will ask you to retrieve it for her if you ask her to train you. If she specifically asked you to retrieve it and didn't mark the location on your map then I hope it works for you this time around. On another note, coordinates are for an area, so it is possible that while you travelled to a coordinate it may not be exactly the same place you would have arrived if the map was marked. Another possibility is that the map location on the site was not accurate...

4. donnybay

donnybay New Member

I tried reinstalling the game because I thought Windows scandisk deleted some files it thought was corrupt. Made no difference.

So I went to a very early game and used the character editor to buff up my main character to what he is now (Level 38). Then I spoke to Clarissa and she marked K'na Tha on the map. I went there and found the entrance - it's some stairs set in a clump of trees. Once inside I went through the maze, and finally reached Azram's Star.

Then I went to the Crash Site cave and put the Star in one of the barrels. I chose the Crash Site cave because I hadn't visited it since the game began and didn't want any inconsistencies. I saved the game to the Auto slot, and copied the Crash Site save and map files. I then loaded my current game and Auto saved it. Then I copied the Crash Site save and map files to the Current directory, and Auto saved again. When I auto loaded and went to the crash site cave, Azram's Star was in the barrel. I went to Black Root, spoke to Clarissa, got Mastery, picketpocketed the Star using a Fate Point and now I am happy. However in the interim my girlfriend left me and my cat died because I forgot to feed him. Just joking.

5. Winuz

Winuz New Member

that happend to me to, i loaded and tried talking to her again and then i got the map updated

Our Host!