Persuading surveyors on elven burial grounds

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zexaqaxez, Dec 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

The computer I had my Arcanum game on crashed and now I have had to start a new one... but my new character (a half-orc) has low Charisma and no Persuasion skill and I don't plan on developing either. So how am I going to persuade the technologists on the elven burial grounds to leave without "shedding blood"?

2. Murdock

Murdock New Member

I've never gotten them to leave. I always taunt them into attacking me. If you are fighting in real-time make sure auto attack is set to OFF. When they attack you, the spirits rise up and kill them, leaving you alone (as long as you are not attacking).

Just keep choosing the most insulting dialog. It won't work the first time you talk to them, you need to talk to the leader a few times.

3. Glupii

Glupii New Member

What Surveyors?

Are we talking about the Elven Burial Grounds which you are supposed to get the headstone from for the woman in Tarant? The one between Tarant and Ashbury?

I ask because in the 4 times I have played, I only ever saw dark elves there and I think the description of them was Bandit or something like that. And I never had any options but fight them. Is there another burial grounds I have yet to find?

Also, I noticed the one time I DID take the headstone, I loaded it up on Virgil (Better he was slow than me) and when we left the tunnel, a hex sign briefly flashed under him. Later I noticed it flash again. Is this some sort of hex or curse on whoever carries out the headstone and if so, is there a way to get rid of it or should I just leave it be?

4. Lycander

Lycander New Member

i didn't knoe i didn't hav to do the dirty job...

5. Milo

Milo New Member

No, he's referring to the place you have to clear in order to see the Silver Lady in Qintarra. Falcon's Ache, I think it's called.

And regarding your hexed Virgil, I don't think the headstone cursed him. At least I don't remember this happening to me when I last played. Check his items again. Maybe he auto-equipped a hexed item. Also, check his stats. What attributes were lowered?

Our Host!