What does the Chapeau of Magnetic Inversion do?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gooddogcool, Oct 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gooddogcool

gooddogcool New Member

I just got the chapeau from completing Liam's quest. My question is, what does it do other than having high AC and D ratings?

2. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, if you get charges, I think it absorbs damage from everything for as many charges as you have...

Anyone also noticed that the chapeau stops you from using more than one waypoint while in town? Weird it is...

4. gooddogcool

gooddogcool New Member

I read somewhere, probably on this Web site that the chapeau repels arrows and bullets? I *think* I saw it absorb damage while battling golems and such in BMC but now I'm not quite sure. Still it's a good helmet.

And yes, I have also noticed that with the hat on, you cannot travel long distances using map waypoints while in town. Perhaps this is a bug in the system. Nevertheless, I've resorted to removing the helmet so I can use the functionality.

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

What I always do is leave the hat in my inventory and then just switch it with the helmet I have on during or just before combat

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

It suppose to stop bullets and arrows,
    BUT only if you have charges with you(you dont realy need it because everybody always miss).

P.s.
    Cool password YeaYea!

7. Criton

Criton New Member

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

They're sold in most places that cell tech gear (capacitors, gears, etc). In Tarant this includes the Inventor, the factory Foreman and the general store (I think) as well as other possibilities.

There's also a way of making them yourself, but it's never seemed worth it to me.

9. Woundead

Woundead New Member

Does it need charges to absorb dmg? Or does it always absorb 20?

10. Mael

Mael New Member

you can always try it your self

11. T'pek

T'pek New Member

I've got 2 chepaus (one from the Liam quest and another I made) but so far didn't bother noticing if it actually stops arrows&bullets, especially since I'm mostly fighting close-combat creatures.
    Btw, does it require charges to operate at all (the AC&DR bonuses)?

And I'm still using the waypoints feature in the map while wearing the Chepau of magnetic intervention.

12. Spazweez

Spazweez New Member

Buy charges by buying batteries in tech shops or by creating them with schematics. You'll get a battery icon in your inventory and a notation of total charges to the right of the inventory screen (in the same area as total coins, bullets, fuel, etc...).

The Chapeaus (when you have charges) are VERY handy against opponents who wield any kind of firearms. If anyone has taken on the gang in Ashbury (Firearms master quest), throwing some chapeaus on my party turned that fight into a cakewalk. They don't negate damage, but they do lessen both HP and Fatigue damage dealt by each shot.

That being said, I haven't found much use for the chapeaus since then... :sad:

Our Host!