Liam's Quest

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Glupii, Dec 11, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Glupii

Glupii New Member

OK every character I have had has done the quest from Blackroot where you are to go find out what happens to Liam. I find his body and report back to his mother. But I can not figure out how to get close to that portal and even when I do, there are always critters. When you kill the ones that are there, three or four more appear immeediatly.

Am I supposed to do something else here? Is there more to this quest than just finding his body and reporting back to his mother? Am I doing something wrong here? Even in my mid 30's, these critters are kicking my butt.

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yeah, those critters are tough.
    Your goal is to close that portal. Maybe there's something on Liam's body that could help you do that...

3. Lycander

Lycander New Member

you bet...

when i played as a mage last time, i would always go near and attract those critters and move away to fight them "alone".fireflash seem to be useful as it did an area of damage..

4. Glupii

Glupii New Member

Portal

That is the way I fought them too, but it still respawns a new batch of critters as soon as the other one is all gone.

Feldon, was that a hint? Reason I am asking is that I do not recall what all I got from his body and I really do not want to start yet another character just to get to that point. Can you let me in on what I was supposed to have used? Thanks

5. Criton

Criton New Member

Here is another hint: Did you read Liam's journal found in his house? Did you find the journal? Read the book, check the body...you will know what to do.

6. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You need to destroy the magick of the portal. You could use a Dispell Magick scroll or one of Liam's items.

7. Glupii

Glupii New Member

diary

Hmmm I never found the diary. Is it in the locked chest? I never had a high enough lockpick skill to get that at that point in the game. I guess I am going to have to scrap this for now since I do not remember what I got off his body anymore. Unless I can find the Diary and it tells me what I need and I can still go and buy it cack from where enver I likely sold it. :smile:

One other question about it. I remember when I told her about her son, the mother lamented that the critters who did this are still roaming the forest and that her son died for nothing. Have I botched this quest or can I go back to her after I close the portal and tell her they are no longer a threat?

8. Criton

Criton New Member

Glupii,

First off his journal is next to his bed on the floor. The chest can be beat open with your fists, or chopped open with a waepon (although there is weapon damage that may occur). There are two of the item that you need, one is in the chest, one is on Liam's body. If you do not remember seeing his body, just follow the path from his house. Use the item on the portal to close it. You can complete it later if you like and tell his mother about it. :hidepc:

9. Lycander

Lycander New Member

anybody kept on fighting those creatures for experience?

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Sure. Every game. Eventually, they stop coming out of the Portal.

11. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

can you use the traps that liam made in the future?(those magick traps)

12. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Our Host!